Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cant create account “account already exists”

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Amy0600
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo app set up, tried to give access to my husband. Sent an invitation, he followed the link and “created” a new account. Once created, none of the cameras appeared on his app. He completely deleted his account through the app so we could try again, but now it says his account already exists, tried reset password but nothing happens. Please help 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amy0600 wrote:

He completely deleted his account through the app so we could try again

Logging into his account (after clicking on the "Create account" link) would have been enough.

Does your account show "Library" at the bottom of the screen?  Or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Amy0600
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, completely deleted the account. He tried multiple times to create a new one but it keeps saying “account already exists”, tried forgot password but no link is sent.

at the bottom it has “Feed and Dashboard”.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amy0600 wrote:

Yeah, completely deleted the account. He tried multiple times to create a new one but it keeps saying “account already exists”, tried forgot password but no link is sent.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), to see if they can help figure out why the account is fully deleted.

Has he tried just logging in (instead of forgot password)?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Amy0600 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem. Trying to grant my husband access, and the email we are trying to setup his account with says: it’s already in use. It used to be that one, but we changed it to a different one. So not sure what’s going on. Please help 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Trying to grant my husband access, and the email we are trying to setup his account with says: it’s already in use. It used to be that one, but we changed it to a different one. So not sure what’s going on. 

Did you actually delete the old Arlo account?

Note he could still use the old account.  Click on "Create Account" in the invite.  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  From there, just log in to the existing account.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation