Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't add camera to Arlo Secure Plan

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Secure multicamera plan. I recently added a new Arlo Pro 4 camera to my house (all my cameras are Arlo Pro 4). I want to add the new camera to my plan but when I go to "Manage Cameras", the new camera appears under a Trial Plan and does not have the three lines on the right hand side that allow you to drag it to the Plan or anywhere else for that matter. All the other cameras have the three lines that allow you to move it except the new one. Anybody knows how to fix this? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The trial subscription has to end before you can move it. You can't be in 2 subscriptions at the same time nor is there a reason to move it from the trial to paid.

PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your quick response @jguerdat. It's very much appreciated.

There is an important reason why I would like to move the new camera to the Arlo Secure Plan. I'm going away and would like to grant access to all cameras to my husband but I can't grant him access to the new camera unless it's inside the plan. So there are good reasons why one should be able to move the camera in to the plan. Or at least there should be a way to cancel the trial plan and add it to my current plan.

Once again disappointed -not from your response- by Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not aware of any reason a trial sub or the switch to paid would have any effect on sharing the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PenGo wrote:

There is an important reason why I would like to move the new camera to the Arlo Secure Plan. I'm going away and would like to grant access to all cameras to my husband but I can't grant him access to the new camera unless it's inside the plan.

Why are you thinking that??? You can share your cameras with him even if they aren't in any plan at all.  So no need to end the trial.  BTW, it will automatically move into your paid subscription plan when the trial ends.

Have you tried to share this new camera with him?

alecd129
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I have found the solution for many people's problems with adding a camera to your Arlo Secure Plan.  It actually adds it automatically (if you get the trial attached to that camera cancel it), but you will need to go to, Routines setting on your app, select Arm Home, and add the new camera so it records on your cloud.  Hope this helps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, just like the old user interface that uses Library to view recordings, only Arm Away (Armed on the old UI) gets a rule for the camera automatically when adding a camera. You must manually add a rule for that camera in any other mode.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation