Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not recognizing motion or recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Homerjfry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

We have 4 Arlo pro 4 cameras that were working perfectly. They would recognize motion and record what was going on etc. 

Ever since we purchased the security system for doors and windows the cameras no longer recognize motion or record anything. I can still get a love view but nothing else works like it did before. 

I called customer service and spoke with a really condescending person who told me that the camera will only work when the security system is armed as "away" and I was arming the cameras before and they are now in standby mode.

I told him that was never the case and I never had to arm the cameras, they just worked on their own and now they won't. He kept telling me "yes you had to" and basically told me that I was lying and that I didn't believe him. 

Has anyone had this issue before? I simply want to have our cameras working like they were before without having to arm the house as "away" because that activates the internal motion detection. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Homerjfry wrote:

We have 4 Arlo pro 4 cameras that were working perfectly. They would recognize motion and record what was going on etc. 

Ever since we purchased the security system for doors and windows the cameras no longer recognize motion or record anything. I can still get a love view but nothing else works like it did before. 

I called customer service and spoke with a really condescending person who told me that the camera will only work when the security system is armed as "away" and I was arming the cameras before and they are now in standby mode.

Though perhaps condescending, support is correct.

Before you got the home security system, your cameras were always armed.  Now they follow the mode you select on the home security system (either from the app or from the keypad).  When you put the security system into Standby, the cameras are disarmed (because that is what Standby does by default).

You fix this by modifying the Standby mode to keep the cameras armed.  You should also look at "Armed Home", and make sure the camera behavior in that mode is what you want.  Instructions on how to do this are here:

Another option is to stop using the Standby mode, and select "Armed Home" instead.

Homerjfry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. If the person on the phone explained that how you did it would have made sense. Instead he told me there is no way to get the cameras to work in stand by mode. 

The info you provided solved my issue. Thank you 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation