Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera isn't detecting motion, starts recording too late, and doesn't record to set option

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
blukas89
Follower
Follower

We bought the cameras second hand but only set up two while we decide if they're good enough and worth the cost of paying to set up a third. They're fully charged, they're connected to WiFi, the cameras only record for about 12 seconds at the longest even though they are set to record up to 2 MINUTES, the clips are storing fine and accessible on the memory drive we've connected. I set up zones but you have to leave the cameras plugged in to work  (which is just ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous) so they're just set to an average sensitivity setting, the level they are set at they door go off every time somebody walks past the house or enters the driveway. Our second camera faces our cars down the driveway. The second camera only turns on when somebody is passing the second car rounding the corner of the house and would be out of sight in two seconds -and the camera only records for about 5-7 if someone is walking up the driveway. And for the first camera, it only works if somebody is at the front door, not coming up the path or entering the driveway. It's a small house with a small yard, any motion should set these cameras off. They seem to be functioning perfectly otherwise. I have no idea why they aren't catching very obvious motion by the house but get set off by cars in the street, and why, although it's set to record for minutes, won't record past 12 seconds. I know I can get more help if I pay for service, but I don't think it's worth it if the cameras are bad I'd rather take the loss and go with a different company and buy brand new. The cameras are only a year and a half old and were used at the property for a year before I moved in. Previous tenants never said there were any issues, but they also lied about needing to pay for service for three cameras.

Feeling stuck, very stuck. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thank you! 

#pro4 #camera #arlopro4

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@blukas89 wrote:

We bought the cameras second hand but only set up two while we decide if they're good enough and worth the cost of paying to set up a third. They're fully charged, they're connected to WiFi, the cameras only record for about 12 seconds at the longest even though they are set to record up to 2 MINUTES, the clips are storing fine and accessible on the memory drive we've connected.

It sounds like you have them connected to a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000) and are using direct access to local storage.  Is that correct?

When you say they are set to record "up to 2 minutes", do you mean you have them set to a fixed recording time of 2 minutes? (I'm confused about the "up to" part).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation