Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Hard to Remove from Plastic Housing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
rdgallo
Tutor
Tutor

I recently purchased 5 Arlo Pro 4 cameras.  One of them is almost impossible to remove from the plastic housing to insert the battery.  A couple of the others are a bit difficult to remove also.  I am pushing the button on the bottom correctly, but on this one camera, I can hear the release click, but the camera does not pop out any at all. I have to use a plastic tool and spend about 15 minutes prying on the edges of the camera to get it out of the housing.  Do any of you have this problem, and how do you get around it?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdgallo wrote:

I recently purchased 5 Arlo Pro 4 cameras.  One of them is almost impossible to remove from the plastic housing to insert the battery.  A couple of the others are a bit difficult to remove also.  

Get some silicone grease and apply it to the O-ring.

rdgallo
Tutor
Tutor

I used silicone o'ring lube on the sticking cameras and that didn't help at all.

somiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Arlo sent a replacement housing that is just as difficult to remove.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's the o-ring used for weathersealing. Use a light application of silicone grease on the ring to help it slide.

Joensuu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clean inside of housing with warm water and paper tissue where it contacts the O-ring, and clean the O-ring itself. Then wipe a light coat of Vaseline to either the o-ring or the area just inside the housing where with which the o-ring comes in contact. Voilla!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation