Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR Playback Controls

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ruralbrewer
Tutor
Tutor

I have looked through previous posts and seen that many people have been complaining about this for many years. Yet nothing has been done about it. The lack of decent playback controls makes CVR practically useless. The reason people want CVR is so that they can go back and review a timeline. But there is no way to play the timeline in reverse. There are no speed controls. And if you use the slider, it has to buffer. Just barely moving the slider changes the time by several minutes, so it is really easy to miss things. And painstaking to actually try to find something. And of course you can't download a clip or capture a moment. It's really pretty much useless as it currently is. This should really be addressed.  

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ruralbrewer,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

Ruralbrewer
Tutor
Tutor

Ha! That's the exact same response given in a previous post from several years ago about this same subject. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

Ruralbrewer
Tutor
Tutor

As a follow up, yesterday I noticed a tow truck about to tow a car from my condo parking lot. I am on the HOA board so I felt like I should investigate. The tow truck operator informed me that the car had been reported as stolen, and was subsequently spotted here. So I (painstakingly as ever) reviewed the camera recordings. Luckily the incident occurred just a few hours earlier, so it didn't take too long to locate the footage. I then called the police to inform them that I had footage of the stolen car being dropped off. They ask if they could send me a link so that I could upload the footage. But I cannot download clips from the CVR. So I sat there with my phone camera, trying not to shake or move or make a sounds, while recording the 10 minute playback of the incident. It is embarrassingly pathetic that this is what has to be done. Arlo should be ashamed of their software. I have already given the company a bad review on Amazon, and I think I have made my disappointment clear, but I just in case I haven't. I wish I hadn't purchased these products. I feel like I wasted my money. And I will certainly never buy from this company again. I only continue to even use the product, so that I can eek out some sense of value while I continue my research for a solution that actually works well. Fix it Arlo!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A somewhat better/easier solution to capture the video needed is to use a computer or phone with screen capture software installed. Position the CVR stream where you need, start recording and then stop recording when appropriate.

Imdonewiththis
Initiate
Initiate

And here we are, the amount of money they rake in…..and this is how we, as paying customers, get a local copy of a video file they absolutely have. We have to play the entire day (if you don’t get logged out or lose connection) on a device or computer while screen recording….I’m utterly amazed at how poorly supported this garbage is…..the old app, was at least bearable…..this arlo secure app? Garbage. The feed? Horribly laid out. I can’t reliably access CVR that I pay an obscene amount for…..and can’t even download the files….

This garbage app and reading that this stuff has been unaddressed for months, or years? 

im done with this

Ruralbrewer
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I have completely given up on this product and this company. I just consider the money I spent wasted.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation