Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base offline, 8 cameras offline, 8 batteries dead

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Sometime yesterday, not sure what time, my base station went offline due to an issue on arlos end. Internet and power were working perfectly as I was streaming TV all day and all night. This is the same thing that happened a month or so ago, so I figured I'll try and reset the base and just let arlo fix it like they did last time.

I get up this morning to see the base online but none of the cameras are online. All 8 were offline. I called arlo support and they wanted me to take down 8 cameras and resync them all. I refused, if 8 cameras all go offline at the same time, the issue is on arlos end. They must have fixed the base issue last night, but none of my cameras came back online.

Since the base and cameras were all offline for an extended period of time and the cameras keep trying to connect to the base over and over, this killed the batteries on all 8 cameras. That is why they didn't come back online when the base issue was fixed because they all had dead batteries. Now I have to take down all 8 cameras, reboot the cameras, and charge them all. With only 2 charging cables and it takes about 4 hours to charge a camera, I now have to spend 16+ hours charging cameras and remounting them.

This is a SERIOUS design flaw. The cameras should only check in with the base periodically, like once and hour, not constantly until they drain their own batteries. Seriously what are you people at arlo thinking. What if someone was away on vacation and couldn't recharge all their cameras? Fix this design flaw! Fix it now or get "bud lighted"!

And anyone reading this.... I've had arlo since 2017, DO NOT rely on it as a security system. Doing so only puts you and your family at risk!

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation