Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Avoid repeated log in

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JoCrouch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get a notification then I have to log in. Then I might get another and have to log in again. Is there a way to choose to leave it open?

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo has set a auto logout period of 30mins.

Using the mobile app would be quicker for your requirements. 

Jlkkdk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this 30 minute a new thing because when we got our cameras I logged in once and that was it but now every time I open the app I have to log in, if I want to see a different camera I have to log in again. Having 5 cameras all my time is spent logging in. This is even when using the app.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Obviously some confusion, when you login what arlo app are you using, website, iOS or android mobile?

If you’re using the web app at my.arlo.com, what web browser and platform?

If you’re using a mobile device with the arlo mobile app installed, when you open the app do you have to enter the login credentials or do you have to do the two-step verification also?

JoCrouch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do use the app. But this continuing logging in is annoying. Seems like I ought to not have to do that when I am using the same device.

JoCrouch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using Android mobile.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Usually there is not a requirement to relogin using the mobile app. 

Make sure the mobile device has been selected as a trusted device in the account 2fa listing , Settings/profile/two-step verification.

You may require additional assistance from arlo customer support if this is unresolved, I will tag the arlo moderator who helped me with the issue sometime ago.

@ShayneS 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Jlkkdk 

The 30mins logout has been around since 2019 as far as I know.

I know that live view is limited to 30mins although arlo seems to make it less as my testing it varied by up to 5mins less so logging out would be similar.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation