Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro down to only 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DallasWizard
Guide
Guide

I purchased the Arlo Pro 4 wireless package with base from Costco not even a year ago. Since then, the base station has NEVER recorded a single video. NOW, one of the cameras has lost its internet connection and no longer works. I have removed that camera from the Arlo app and have tried to reinstall it. The system does not recognize the camera although the camera is fully charged and occasionally turns the blue LED on. I have removed the housing and tried manually connecting with the sync button. The device can not be found. So basically I have only 2 cameras which you can view what they see and hear from the app, they do not record (the only recording was done with the complimentary free trial) and now I’m out one camera. Now considering purchasing a new, much better system.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DallasWizard wrote:

they do not record (the only recording was done with the complimentary free trial) and now I’m out one camera. 

With the Pro 4 cameras, cloud recording has always required a subscription.

What base do you have?

Viewing local recordings in the app would require a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  If you have a VMB4000 or VMB4500, then you need to eject the storage and connect it to a PC for viewing.

DallasWizard
Guide
Guide

Base M# VMB4540 which came with the cameras .... Blue light on base is on & when pressing SYNC  on back,

blue light blinks on front and returns to solid; RESET BUTTON on back pressed and NOTHING. I have removed the memory stick and placed it in a desktop computer to see if anything is on it and it is BLANK. I see the 2 cameras on my iPhone app (one of the cameras no longer wants to sync to the base) and is no longer recognizable. I have NOTIFICATIONS turned on the iPhone. The image that is displayed is the image that activated the camera apparently.

You can only turn the iPhone Arlo app on to LIVE. Even the photo which is displayed on the iPhone originally (locked until you go live with that camera) can not be found.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DallasWizard wrote:

Base M# VMB4540 which came with the cameras ....I have removed the memory stick and placed it in a desktop computer to see if anything is on it and it is BLANK. 

How is the memory stick formated?  Also, how big is it?

Is local storage enabled for the base?

LordBracht
Tutor
Tutor

I would recommend returning to Costco and replacing the system. I got mine from Costco and have had no major issues. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation