Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Out of nowhere last night one of my Arlo pro4s went offline. All my other cameras are online . I tried rebooting router and un inserting the battery . When I un inserted the battery and put back in the LED blinked blue rapidly, then picked up motion worked for an hour then offline again. What else should I do and why could this be happening? Does the update have something to do with it? 

#support #arlopro4 #offline

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

188 REPLIES 188
Noobkilaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked for me! Now every camera is stable. Thank goodness. 

Colibri
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same happened to me the last 3 days. I had to reboot all batteries every day - 3 days later - i got a message on each camera to update the firmware/ what I did/ and now, all cameras are online and batteries ok. How can i Know that i need to update the firmware to avoid those troubleshootings and waste of Time! 

Colibri
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same happened to me too the last 3 days!  

Arlo pro 4 - VMC4041PAerH4

firmware 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1

GS12
Initiate
Initiate

I just registered to say: Same here!

Problems started after the last firmware update.

Currently on 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1. I see there is a newer firmware ( as I write this, 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf is the latest one in the firmware release table ), I haven't checked if there was a rollback done on mines.

Sometimes the cameras work, sometimes they IR leds stay on all the time and the camera is offline, but the camera is warm to the touch.

It seems like a software crash, and/or maybe stuck in an endless loop, because the camera is hot to the touch when that happens and the battery is quickly drained ( so it must be doing something, although not working as it should ).

( update: The cameras seems to be working OK now, after several attempts I got a "firmware available" message and I let it do its thing, and I am not running the latest firmware, so can I assume I was one more victim of that botched firmware and a rollback was done?  )

Completely unacceptable in such an expensive product.

Stormymorn5577
Guide
Guide

Both my Pro4 & Pro5 now off line😆. Not worth ringing Arlo Support muppets, may as well ask my cat🤭. 
They will say wifi issue, well no, as another Pro4 is further away going fine….

We all know what’s happened, another firmware update…. No doubt my batteries are flat now, will have to go thru usual…. Get out ladder, charge them up, connect again….then wait for the next chimp to release dodgy firmware…. And do it all again. I’m over it…

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Arlo chuckleheads are at it again. I lost all cameras along with VMB 4000 base.  Base won’t connect to internet.  This is pure horse **bleep**. 

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Stormymorn5577 What is the firmware version on your problematic pro 4 cameras? FWIW Pro 5 models did not seem to be affected by this firmware issue at least in my experience.

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did anyone’s vmb4000 base go offline too?  Can’t get mine restarted. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dtnr8b Thanks for the feedback, I see your base is back online. 

RGrele
Tutor
Tutor

Does this problem affect the Pro 4 only, or does it also affect the Pro 4XL?

AHansen
Star
Star

My cameras are running 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1.  I presume that this is the prior OS version to which we were rolled back.  All my cameras (all Arlo Pro 4) have been working normally for over a week.  I appreciate Arlo's resolving this issue.

Randicox3
Star
Star

All of mine have been running as well and haven’t went offline since the firmware was rolled back. 

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice

VMB4000 Base off line again. Will not connect.  Trash time?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe but try power cycling your router and base, in that order. If the same, I'd take the base to a friend's house and plug it into their network to see what happens.