Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Out of nowhere last night one of my Arlo pro4s went offline. All my other cameras are online . I tried rebooting router and un inserting the battery . When I un inserted the battery and put back in the LED blinked blue rapidly, then picked up motion worked for an hour then offline again. What else should I do and why could this be happening? Does the update have something to do with it? 

#support #arlopro4 #offline

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

188 REPLIES 188
Kitaka
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS Any update to this firmware issue?

Seems that this is affecting most if not all Pro4 cameras after the latest firmware update. Any other business would at the very least acknowledge there is a firmware issue here if not have it patched up by now!!!!

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hope we have a fix for this asap. Camera was on for over 24 hours and went offline just now. I had to climb a ladder in the dark to reset it for the thousandth time. Unreal. 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

It may be related , I’m not having that issue but since it just started happening I would definitely attribute it to the recent update . I just got another “answer” from someone on the support team telling me there’s “interference” and my cameras are shown to go offline and it’s my wifi? I guess everyone on this posts wifi must allll have issues and we just all be connected somehow lol..

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another fun message from Arlo support, apparently it’s my wifi now that is the problem! I guess we all have the same wifi all of a sudden and live in the same house. Arlo has turned me into the ultimate Karen 

tmb-19
Star
Star

I’ve had my cameras on my desk about 4 feet from my router since the issue started and it has not made a difference. They are still going offline and have the fast battery drain. I really cannot understand how Arlo have not owned up to this.  I may have some time on my hands later this week, if so I’ll go full Karen and find contact info for their exec leadership thru LinkedIn and send a message. 

BHarlo
Initiate
Initiate

After latest firmware update (July 2023), the battery only lasts 2 days on a full charge. Prior to the update, I could get 2+ months in a single charge. No settings have been changed. The latest firmware number is: 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf

What happened??? Can I go back to the old firmware?

tmb-19
Star
Star

You are not alone - check the ‘Arlo Pro 4 offline’ thread below. This is happening to many of us after the latest update.  Arlo support has not been helpful and they have not acknowledged the problem on their side. 

MHplus
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue. Went offline Friday night. Tried charging outdoors, still couldn’t get it to work. Charged again indoors to 100%. Removed device and it took me hours to re-add. . .Went through all the bs of updating internet settings.

got back on ladder and it withed fine until Monday early morning, when battery was drained to 14%. 
Went searching for answers, spent 54 minutes in the phone, mostly on hold trying to get support. Rep said the funniest thing “we are not aware of this issue.” I’m like there are people posting about this in YOUR forum. No resolution. They want me to go around doing tests on my other cameras: switching batteries and housing units for 3-( days?!?! No way. I’ve paid a lot of money for all these devices and now you want me to do all the work when there’s clearly an issue on your side? No thank you. FIX THIS Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera NOW

MHplus
Guide
Guide

Support says they are not aware of this issue. 🙂

MHplus
Guide
Guide

1 (866) 214-6520

expect to wait on hold at least 20 minutes before someone answers.

adholguin
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone experienced that the camera drains the battery after an update?
I updated my camera last week then the camera went offline a day after, I restarted the camera and right after turning it back on, the camera reported battery low, I swapped the battery, and a few days later the battery went from full charge at night, to low battery in the morning.

tmb-19
Star
Star

Yes. Many, if not all, of us are experiencing this issue. Check out the thread ‘Arlo pro 4 offline’ in this forum. Arlo has not acknowledged the problem and support has not been helpful. We’re all in a holding pattern waiting for information. 

adholguin
Tutor
Tutor

thank you for the information! will add to that thread and follow up! 

like always arlo support only offers 30% discount to resolve all their issues... 

adholguin
Tutor
Tutor

following, i experienced the same after the camera was updated last week

I have reached out to support and as always they don't acknowledge the problem and mention they cannot help and offer 30% of discount so you can buy a new camera.... 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Really?!! They didn’t even offer me that! And that’s not something we want to hear we want it fixed. They should be offering us free cameras AND fix this problem 

numbr1lionsfan
Guide
Guide

Happened again last night 😢, working again this morning . Pieces of garbage . Wish I would have bought something else . 

IMG_1079.png

Kitaka
Guide
Guide

Had a long painful discussion with support yesterday. No acknowledgment of a firmware issue. Was told it was my router, wifi, batteries, distance to router.......... Pulled the 4 cameras down yesterday and charged them. Did hard reset, removed them from app and reinstalled and they have stayed connected through the night. Not holding my breath but so far so good. Come on Arlo, step up and get this sorted out!!! I've seem moderators and Arlo profiles on this forum, where are they now?? anyone?

tmb-19
Star
Star

Does anyone have emails from the support team at Arlo? I'm trying to figure out how their email addresses are structured (firstname.lastname@arlo.com) so I can attempt to get this escalated with their "customer care" leadership team.

Kitaka
Guide
Guide

@JamesC Can you shed any light on what is going on with this firmware issue?

Mammoth670
Guide
Guide

Decided to unplug my backdoor camera from the 20 foot outdoor arlo cable charger. 

less than two days and 10 recordings it's at 30% charge 

unbelievable 😖

Kitaka
Guide
Guide

Appears the Essential Cameras had a similar firmware issue in June and it was eventually rolled back after all the problems. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Essential-Wire-Free-Cameras/Firmware-1-090-32-0-32-52bad30-camera...

You would think Arlo might show the same support for the Pro4 especially considering they are twice the price!

@JamesC 

hoer-hlaew
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, just found this forum tonight after having this start in the last week on all my Arlo 4 cameras after the recent firmware update. I have a total of eight cameras, the Arlo 4 chewing through batteries. I tried the support route for an hour and they walked me through resetting (15 seconds on the sync) and rebooting my router etc, that did not seem to fix it and said they would send me an email with other instructions. So then I went searching on my own to see what's up, now I'm here to the party, seeing something described like just the problem I had like I'm not crazy. I did tell them this happened shortly after the firmware updates.

Two things I notice are:

- IR lights stay on constantly when I swap out batteries at night, and then drop off the app and say disconnected with a fresh battery. If I shine a light on them when I swap the battery or do it during the day it doesn't get into this state (until it's dark again).

- I am also getting lots of random 15 second audio recording when I have the microphone and audio triggers all turned off - so also chewing through the battery during the day

It makes these cameras pretty useless right now, plus annoying playing the battery swap game daily until they figure this out. I've had them less than a year. Not happening on the 5S cameras, but only have a few of those. 

Firmware: 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf

Hardware: VMC4041P

hoer-hlaew
Tutor
Tutor

It seems very likely the firmware is botched. What version are you running? I've updated to 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf and that's when this started.

I think we need a way to rollback to the prior version of firmware, is that possible?

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

I'd had enough so I selected "Cancel subscription".  It immediately offered the plan for half off ($6.50) for 3 months.  I decided to go with that to see if they can fix this **bleep**.  If it isn't fixed in the next 30 days I'll cancel for good and go find a different security camera company.

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

That’s exactly what we’re all experiencing. The camera goes offline randomly, then I go outside and the infrared sensors are showing. Someone else in this post said they saw a similar issue happen with the essential cameras and they had to reverse the firmware update. Something is causing the camera to go offline and drain the battery rapidly within a short period of time. I’m working with someone from the L3 support team and whenever he provides updates I will post an update. It is extremely frustrating to switch the batteries out and reset every single day, for me it’s every night and I’ve had enough. I’m surprised they haven’t came up with a resolution yet and it’s taken this long when all of us have reported the same issue