Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ChesterYu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, new to the community. Is anyone else having issues I with camera not capturing everything. Video doorbell is hardwired and captures everything and I have 2 other cameras in from that catch videos when it wants. Most recently 2 cameras did not catch anything for most of the day.
Also battery life should be 6 months and I have solar panels attached to them and they are not lasting that long.
And finally on occasion I would have to reset my camera. With all these issues how can I rely on the cameras for the safety of my family?
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location causing the lack of recordings. Also read the FAQs in the support section here on best camera positioning practices as well as changing motion sensitivity (and other settings) in your modes and rules.

2) Battery life, even when connected to a solar panel, depends on many things including the total amount of time spent each day recording and live viewing, signal strength/quality issues, etc. Be aware that if you're using Arlo Smart and/or zones recordings are still being made but the servers may be deleting supposedly unwanted videos due to your settings. You don't see the videos but they were still made. You can test this by removing the zone and disabling the camera in the Smart settings.

3) Define "reset" - remove and reconnect the camera? If you have to do this, see #1 which could be the reason for any disconnects, especially the part about signal strength/quality.

ChesterYu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try to switch them around and see if it works. I upgraded my home internet recently too and got the Google pucks to extend the wifi to the front and back of the house.

Thanks for responding
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation