Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 camera not recording

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
davem27
Guide
Guide

Camera does not record anything.  I've taken the battery out and replace, unplugged and plugged it back in, removed it and re-added to the app but it still does not work.  Thumbnail on the app shows the screenshot immediately after got it back on line but it does not send any recordings to my thumb drive that is plugged into the base station.  My other cameras work fine.  Do i need to replace it?  I

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@davem27 wrote:

Camera does not record anything. 

Is the camera in a subscription plan? 

What base station model do you have?  (Look for a VMBxxxx label on the base)

davem27
Guide
Guide

No, there is no subscription plan, I have a VMB4500r2 base station.  Like i stated, the other cameras don't have the problem, this one did work and now does not record anything.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@davem27 wrote:

No, there is no subscription plan, I have a VMB4500r2 base station.  Like i stated, the other cameras don't have the problem, this one did work and now does not record anything.

Apologies if you are already aware of this, but a surprising number of people aren't, so I generally start with this info...

The VMB4500 supports local recording, but not local playback. The only way to view local recordings with the VMB4500 base is to eject the storage and connect it to a PC. 

Legacy cameras (Pro, Pro 2 among others) have 7 free days of cloud storage, and any videos you are seeing in the app or my.arlo.com are stored in the Arlo cloud.  Current cameras (like the Pro 4) require a subscription to get cloud storage.

Also, the local recordings are only made for cameras connected to the base station.  If the Pro 4 camera is connected to your home wifi, then there will be no local recordings stored.

If you haven't done this, then I suggest ejecting the USB storage from the base, connecting it to a PC, and then looking for recordings with File Explorer (or finder).

davem27
Guide
Guide

Yes, I am aware of all of that information. 

Something new to add, now my camera is working again.  Maybe it was the me pulling the battery and resetting it, even though it didnt work after I did it but I just checked and it recorded something 10 min ago.  I still think it might be a defective camera but I will see how long it works before stopping again. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation