Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Security Mounts Question

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sweze
Follower
Follower

So first-time Arlo user here... I picked up the 3 pack of Arlo Pro 4 cameras at BB the other day.  It included 4 batteries, a charger, and the 3 cameras with 3 theft deterrent mounts (I don't know the model number of the mounts but I could get it if it's relevant.).  I also grabbed a 3 pack of the Wasserstein solar panels they had there and these cool mounts that hold both a camera and solar panel at the same time.  Now here is the problem... the third-party mounts that hold the camera and panel have a threaded bolt that it looks like the camera just screws onto but there is no way to screw this onto the Arlo theft deterrent mount.  The dual mount DOES say compatible with Arlo Pro 4 but I guess it is the camera with the normal mount but I have never seen this style since these are my first Arlo cameras so I don't know how it differs from the theft deterrent mount.  Is there a way to convert it back so I can mount the camera and solar panel on these dual mounts I bought?  They use clamps and would save me having to drill as I can mount them on the gutter (or anything else small enough to get the clamp on to).  I hope I am making this clear.  Someone else must be in this same boat.  Thanks for any advice...  I don't want to take it all back but it's not going how I imagined so far.  Thanks!

P.S.  The dual mounts I got were:  Wasserstein 2-in-1 Universal Gutter Mount for Camera & Solar Panel for Wyze, Blink, Ring, Arlo, Eufy Camera

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, the security mounts are unto themselves. You could possibly return the cameras and get the normal models or invest in the standard cases that have the threaded mount you need:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5202H-10000S.html

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation