Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 - Issues Connecting with Computer Monitors

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
steveanderson
Follower
Follower

Hello, Arlo community!

I hope everyone is having a great experience with their Arlo Pro 4 cameras. Today, I'm seeking some assistance with a specific problem I'm facing - I have computer monitors, but I'm unable to connect my Arlo Pro 4 cameras to them.

The Issue: Arlo Pro 4 and Computer Monitor Connection Troubles

I recently purchased the Arlo Pro 4 cameras to enhance my smart home security. While I'm impressed with their features, I've encountered a roadblock when attempting to connect the cameras to my computer monitors. I'd like to use the monitors to view live video feeds and recordings for added convenience, but unfortunately, I haven't been successful in doing so.

Details of My Setup:

Arlo Pro 4 Cameras: I have multiple Arlo Pro 4 cameras installed around my property to monitor different areas.

Computer Monitors: I have a couple of spare computer monitors that I intended to use for viewing the camera feeds.

Arlo App: I'm using the official Arlo app on my smartphone to access the camera feeds, which works perfectly fine. However, I prefer having the option to view the feeds on larger screens for a more comprehensive view.

Seeking Community Expertise:

I believe that the Arlo community has a wealth of knowledge and experience, and I'm reaching out for your guidance and solutions to tackle this issue.

Your insights, suggestions, and experiences can be incredibly helpful to me and others who may encounter the same challenge.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
Steve

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And, to be clear, you can't connect to a monitor - you connect to a mobile device via the app or to a computer via my.arlo.com using a browser.

RichAnderson1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two sets of Arlo cameras, at two different homes.  Whenever power blips (especially the home on Florida Flash & Flicker power) the cameras lose connectivity.  I cannot reset them unless I am at the house to push that silly little button. I think I'm going to throw both sets in the trash and buy Ring cameras or some other brand.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RichAnderson1 wrote:

I have two sets of Arlo cameras, at two different homes.  Whenever power blips (especially the home on Florida Flash & Flicker power) the cameras lose connectivity.  I cannot reset them unless I am at the house to push that silly little button. I think I'm going to throw both sets in the trash and buy Ring cameras or some other brand.

Please don't double-post.  Also it would be better for you to post your own thread with your feedback.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation