Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Crackling Sound?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
bobby702
Guide
Guide

I just purchased 4 Arlo Pro 4 cameras and Smart Hub. I'm hearing a crackling sound when I play back the video. I've gone through the Arlo Community and followed all the suggestions and instructions but I still hear the crackling sound. Did someone found a solution? I appreciate the help before I send the equipment back. Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @bobby702 

Can you PM me with the serial number of the affected camera? 

FlyingTypeS
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS, I have this issue as well. I will send you a PM.

@bobby702 , did you get any resolution on this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kpollard 

Thanks or letting me know, I have notified my team and I will update you as soon as possible. 

bobby702
Guide
Guide

I have not. I've been monitoring the camera and see if it change. If not I will return the equipment to the store.

manielebo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed two brand new Pro 4 cameras yesterday and both are making an awful noise that sounds like either static or chirping. They are both connected to a base station. I have tried to uninstall and resynch them but that didn’t seem to work. Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions? Arlo support, as usual, has just gone through the basic troubleshooting I did before I contact them to start with.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this and will reach out with an update as soon as possible. 

roundball
Tutor
Tutor

ISSUE:

New Arlo Pro4 cameras make very loud annoying audio / stuttering sounds, same as many people complain about on the Internet.

ENVIRONMENT:

Worked in I/T Tech Support all my life, use high performance laptops & network equipment, software is always kept current / updated, etc.

HISTORY:

Long time Arlo customer.  Bought 4 Pro2 cameras a few years ago, mounted all of them in weather protected areas under eaves on the house, all within 25-35 feet of the base station, used them error free for a couple years OK.

Then bought / upgraded to 4 Pro3 cameras…installed them in the exact same locations as the Pro2 cameras, used them for a couple years OK.

Now I’ve bought / upgraded to 4 Pro4 cameras…installed them in the same exact locations as the Pro2 and Pro3 cameras…but have had constant trouble with them making loud annoying static audio stuttering noises from day one.

Happens both when connected to WiFi and when away from the house using 5G.  Two were so bad I couldn’t use them, returned to Amazon, and Amazon had them replaced.

It’s obviously a Pro4 Camera quality issue.

........................................................................................................................................

UPDATE:

It's definitely a Pro4 camera issue.
Turns out it’s been going on since Pro4’s were first released

I installed Four Pro4 in the exact same locations, with all the exact same current high performance network hardware & software that I previously used Four Pro2 then Four Pro3 cameras with, and none of those 8 cameras ever had any 'static / crackling'  noise.

My four new Pro4's all have had this audio failure from day one, both using an Arlo base station and using direct WiFi…..AND Arlo Support has acknowledged it's a known problem.

But after weekly back and forth on my case # with them for 3 months now, they continue to dodge and refuse to commit that Arlo will repair or replace these Pro4's.

Consequently, by default, the logical assumption is that Arlo has no intention of fixing or replacing Pro4’s with this defective audio.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

rlh72152
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue with new Pro 4 cameras i just purchased and connected to my base.

Is there a solution?

Koobie2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased 3 Pro4 cameras and they are having the same audio issues as the OP. My cameras are connected to 2 different base stations and it makes no difference. Has Arlo ever fixed the issue or is there a plan to?

rlh72152
Tutor
Tutor

I was told that the problem has been known about for "some time".  "The engineers are working on it."
My speculation is that they know what the problem is but will be too expensive to fix!  likely require the replacement of the cameras!

Tomithius
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with all 3 of my cameras.  Not sure how to resolve it.

Tomithius
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with all 3 of my cameras.  Not sure how to resolve it. Very tempted to return the set

Blueshell
Initiate
Initiate

I have 3 different models. The Pro 2, the Pro 4 and the Pro 5. And like everyone else, I am experiencing the crackling,chirping, staticky noise only on my Pro 4's. So Arlo isn't going to do anything about this??? They need to recall these cameras and stop selling them. They are knowingly selling defective products! 

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation