Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 4 pro recording at night only

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jflanny523
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok still can’t figure this out starting a new discussion. I have 3 Arlo 4 pro cameras. 1 is in a chicken coop that I only want to record from sunset to sunrise, the other cameras can just be all day and night whatever the default setting is. My app at the bottom displays dashboard, feed, emergency, devices, and routines. Can someone walk me through literally each step to accomplish this as if I’m a 5 year old trying to figure it out. I’ve messed with the automation or routines and I’m just screwing it up more with arm home and arm away whatever those mean. I really appreciate it

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe start with getting the cameras to record this way without scheduling.  Delete the automations you have now.

Then make sure that all the cameras are set to record in the "Armed Away" mode - going in to the mode, and looking for rules for each of your cameras.

After that,  go into the "Armed Home" mode, and make sure that you have the same rules for the cameras you want to record all the time.  And also make sure that there is no rule included for the chicken coop camera.

After that, make sure the modes are working properly.  Manually select the "Armed Away" mode, and confirm that all the cameras are recording.  After that, manually select "Armed Home", and make sure the chicken coop camera is not recording, but the other two are.

After you get the modes working correctly, we can move on to scheduleing.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation