Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ekclymer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had 3 Pro 4 XLs with a base station on an unlimited Secure plan for about a year. Recently, I added three more Pro 4 XLs and a base station at a second location which were integrated flawlessly, however, I continue to get a notice on the three new cameras only that the free trial is running out. How do I get them onto my existing plan that is supposed to be for unlimited cameras already?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ekclymer wrote:

I had 3 Pro 4 XLs with a base station on an unlimited Secure plan for about a year. Recently, I added three more Pro 4 XLs and a base station at a second location which were integrated flawlessly, however, I continue to get a notice on the three new cameras only that the free trial is running out. How do I get them onto my existing plan that is supposed to be for unlimited cameras already?

This depends on whether you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your app, or whether you see "Library".

Arlo terms of service have always stated that the subscription is limited to one location.  However, the "library" app interface doesn't enforce that.  If you see "library" in the app, you can cancel the trial subscriptions, and move the cameras into your subscriptin plan.  Or just wait for the trial to run out, and then move them.

The "Feed" app interface does enforce that, so if the two sets of cameras are configured in different locations then you will need a second subscription (or use direct access to local storage if you have a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub at one location).  If the cameras are configured to be in one location in the app, then one subscription would still work. 

Note everyone will end up on Feed, after Arlo thinks they've addressed the bugs it currently has.

ekclymer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help!

I have "library" in my app, so I guess things are a little simpler for now. 

Now, I'm unclear as to how/where I move the three new cameras into my subscription. Where do I do that?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ekclymer wrote:

Now, I'm unclear as to how/where I move the three new cameras into my subscription. Where do I do that?

Log into my.arlo.com on a PC, and look in the subscription area.  You should find a "manage cameras" control there.

ekclymer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that, but it won't allow me to move the 3 new cameras into the subscription area. Will this change when the free trial expires?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ekclymer wrote:

Will this change when the free trial expires?

Yes.  

If you want to do it know, you need to cancel the trial(s).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation