Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO4 - 90 free Subscription Plan just expired

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Camtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 90 free Subscription Plan just expired.  I find that I can no longer view videos that my Arlo 4 records.  I can only see a snap shot and I when I try to get more details on my IPHONE, the snap shot disappears.

Is there a way to view the video without subscribing to a Plan?  I never had to subscribe to any plan when I had an earlier Arlo camera.

Thanks, 

CALCE71

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. You need a hub that supports local recordings. The camera(s) will need to be removed from your account and reconnected to the hub. ANy camera connected to the hub will record locally without a subscription. You then use the app to view the library. Use the selection at the top to choose your hub to view any recordings.

Camtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I decided to purchase a subscription.  But, after entering all required information, the "confirm purchase" button doesn't work.  There is no customer service number to call.  The Chat says that you can call customer service if you already have a subscription.  Frustrating to say the least.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Camtom wrote:

I decided to purchase a subscription.  But, after entering all required information, the "confirm purchase" button doesn't work.  

If it is grayed-out, then check all the information entered, and make sure it is complete and correct.

Camtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having problems purchasing a subscription.  The Arlo Community has suggested that I enter all the info correctly, including accepting the Arlo Terms.  I have tried that and nothing has worked.  I have manually inputted all the info, including those that the system hard wires in (e.g., my name, mailing address). I even purposely input wrong data (e.g., zeros for my credit card number) and the system sends an alert that the data is not valid.  There is no such alert when I entered all the correct data.  The "confirm purchase" is not activated.  I even tried using another computer.  

The "chat help" says that I can only call customer services after I am a subscriber.  

Suggestions?  I am about to abandon the Arlo Pro 4 and go back to using my Arlo 2.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Camtom,

Try logging using a PC at https://my.arlo.com/#/login?cid=a

Are you experiencing the same issues getting through the subscription flow?

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Camtom  Are you clicking on the "Agree to terms" box? Several people have forgot to click it but it worked when they did. It is small. 

Camtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

To JamesC (community manager)

I have used an Mac and a PC in an attempt to purchase a subscription.  I don't understand what you mean by "Subscription Flow".  But here are the steps I have taken:

1.  My name, address are filled in automatically when I get onto the purchase site.

2.  I enter my credit card info

3.  I agree to the Arlo terms

4.  The "confirm purchase" is disabled.

5.  I repeat the above, but I enter manually my name, address, etc.  

6.  I then do this on a PC 

Camtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  I did press the Privacy Box, and I was still unable to complete the purchase.  There were no alerts for "errors" or missing input information.  

The Community has been very helpful in providing comments and help.  It is unfortunate that there is no way to speak to an Arlo Customer Service rep.  The Chat says that to do that, one needs to be a subscriber.  You would think that the Chat folks will forward this situation up the food chain.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation