Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4 Arlo Pro 4 camera, geofence working unable to schedule camera on/off in any mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ray26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hardware VMC4041PAerH4    firmware VMC4041PAerH4

In Home mode would like to schedule a camera on at a specific time.  Schedule tests ok and notification works but camera is not on per dashboard (on icon).  Camera will not record.  Schedule setup seems straightforward but no camera control.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe a silly question but do you have a rule for the camera in the mode that the schedule is activating? Does it have motion detection enabled and the action is set to record? Also, some folks have set the schedule inappropriately, setting the action to activate a camera rather than changing the mode. Some screenshots of your rule and schedule may help.

ray26
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for reply - before responding I went back to the Arlo site for some insight in their programming rules. I removed the rules that did not work and now manually toggle HOME and AWAY. With only 3 modes and multiple cameras, Arlo allows individual cameras to be controlled within a mode. I wanted to turn on a camera to record within the HOME mode - the rules allow this and notification of the action works except the camera does not record. What you are suggesting is that the mode has to be modified for the camera to be turned on or off recording. After 11pm I would like all cameras set to record. The easiest way to do this is to go to AWAY. If I want one camera at 5am to be set so recording is off then I have to change the mode to HOME? I could not find on the Arlo site some examples of how to turn cameras on and off using a schedule. Programming would be a more understandable if there were a "HOME at 11pm" mode.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ray26 wrote:
 I could not find on the Arlo site some examples of how to turn cameras on and off using a schedule. 

There are steps given here (plus a link to a youtube video):

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation