Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

smart hub vmb 4500 (amp nor desktop cant discover the smart hub) its junk

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
soundj
Follower
Follower

I am not happy with Arlo or their products....i will start posting my experience on social media about not buying their products or their Net gear products.

Their support is a joke...its no support

the product stops working. I have done every step they suggest.  And i can not discover the smart hup...not on the app or the desk top.

I recommend that no one BUYS their system this is the 3 rd unit i have had issues with and i WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

Yes it has a blue light

Yes I tried different cable

I did the factory reset

I tried a different router

It still is un discoverable....

you have to pay for their support what a joke

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you purchased a subscription plan for the pro3 camera? It will not help unless you have the base station installed unfortunately. Once you have a camera added you can get arlo customer support once you have purchased a subscription for the camera. Use the mobile app to go to the settings page, select support then select the camera that has a subscription attached to see your support entitlements.

Now to get the Base station added to the account you need to perform a factory reset using the paper clip, holding the reset button until the base station LED begins flashing.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station 

Once you have the base station rebooted and ready to be claimed you can then add it to the account. Make sure that the Base station has been removed from your account before trying to add again. This can only be done using the owners account not a granted user account.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean 

Susich63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Arlo Pro 3 with 4 cameras. I have done everything imaginable a multitude of times and the app can’t detect my hub. I’m not kidding when I say I’ve spent 4 hours today troubleshooting myself and with customer service.  Arlo is sending a replacement hub. We’ll see how that goes.

The ironic thing is my home system was working fine for years. I had a monthly subscription. I bought a second Pro 3 with hub for my camp and called what I thought was customer service. I was scammed out of $105 for a replacement hub as no devices could be detected in set up so the replacement hub was to be the next step only they were scammers who and got into my account and deleted everything including my home system.  So now I have two systems at 2 locations that can’t be detected in app when trying to set up …… and a fraud investigation with my bank and Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation