Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can not view videos

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

purchased the Arlo pro 3 and now get message can not view video on browser must download to view. I can view all the videos from my other cameras pro 2s on both desktop and phone. I can also view the pro3 videos on my phone just not on my desktop why is that? I have windows 10 and chrome on my desktop.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

purchased the Arlo pro 3 and now get message can not view video on browser must download to view. I can view all the videos from my other cameras pro 2s on both desktop and phone. I can also view the pro3 videos on my phone just not on my desktop why is that? I have windows 10 and chrome on my desktop.

The Pro3 is storing 2K videos that use a different compression technology called HEVC.  Chrome doesn't support HEVC (neither does FireFox).

Try using Edge instead - if you have a reasonably new PC that should work.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

I switched to Edge and still they will not show on my desktop, 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

I switched to Edge and still they will not show on my desktop, 

What processor shows up when you right-click on "this pc"?  About how old is the desktop?

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

it is older but has windows 10 in it, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz   2.39 GHz could it be my graphic card is not the right one? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz 

That's too old (launched in 2007).  HEVC was standardized in 2013, and showed up in Intel graphics in 2015.  

@Nanlee wrote:

could it be my graphic card is not the right one? 

Do you have a separate graphics card?  If so, which one?

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry I have no idea, just the card that is in this old desktop.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

Sorry I have no idea, just the card that is in this old desktop.

If the card is as old as the processor, it wouldn't support HEVC either.  So there is no fix for this (unless the browser folks decide to add software decoding for HEVC in the future).

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation