Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jim_Clark
Initiate
Initiate

I have 5 cameras and two hubs.  I tried to invite my wife to have access to the cameras and library from her phone and could not get it to work until I upgraded to the new UI.

The main reason I went with Arlo is that I could add storage to the hub and store videos locally without paying a subscription fee for cloud storage.

As far as I can tell, you can not view the videos in your local library unless you have a subscription?  Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim_Clark wrote:

As far as I can tell, you can not view the videos in your local library unless you have a subscription?  Is this correct?

No.  You can view the local videos without a subscription.  But you can only see them from the app (not my.arlo.com), and people using "friend" accounts (likely your wife) cannot see them at all. 

If you have "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your UI, then you go to the devices page in the app, and touch the camera.  Then touch "Storage Settings" and you should see the local videos listed there.  Unfortunately, they don't just show up in "Feed".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim_Clark wrote:

No.  You can view the local videos without a subscription.  But you can only see them from the app (not my.arlo.com), and people using "friend" accounts (likely your wife) cannot see them at all. 

If you have "Feed" and "Dashboard" in your UI, then you go to the devices page in the app, and touch the camera.  Then touch "Storage Settings" and you should see the local videos listed there.  Unfortunately, they don't just show up in "Feed".

Jim_Clark
Initiate
Initiate

Took me awhile, but you have to touch the Base Station, not the camera.  Now I can see them.

Thank you!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jim_Clark wrote:

Took me awhile, but you have to touch the Base Station, not the camera.  Now I can see them.

Sorry - stupid mistake on my part.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation