Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to update account plan

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to subscribe to a new plan and select the plan and verified my debt details.  I submit but get the error “can’t update the account plan”.  My bank notified me of the pending transaction from Arlo but I never got the subscription.  I am trying to get the latest offer which is 50% off and the details of the offer show the discount.  I have tried 4 times.  Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeff__h,

Be sure you are entering all information accurately. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error you're seeing?

JamesC

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I verified several times.  It would not update my account with the promotion code.  If I signed up without the promo, it worked.

I have an open ticket, 43352290, and screen shots were uploaded.  They had no success yesterday with trying to correct the situation.  I now have no plan which worries me and I’ve not heard anything new.

Thanks for reaching out to me.

Jeff

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you help????  It has been 3 days now and I've heard nothing from the support team in India?  They had me delete my subscription on the 10th and said they would get back to me with a fix...NOTHING!!!!   The subscription money has been taken from my bank...I have no subscription....I HAVE NO REFUND!!!!   Arlo has taken my money yet I have no plan as a result!  This is unprofessional that no one has taken any action for 3 days and stole money from my bank!  I need resolution to this issue as no one is responding to my updates in the ticket!  Can you help or am I sol?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeff_h,

I've requested a status update for your open support ticket. An agent will reach out to you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well James thanks for trying but I’ve heard nothing.  So support is no longer working on my issue as it has been over 4 days now.  So….how do I get my refund for the $12.99 that was taken?  You company is not entitled to the money since my plan was removed.  I demand a refund otherwise I will seek options to resolve this horrible experience.  Your support team has fail miserably and even your efforts were meaningless.  Sad.

please advise how to handle my refund asap and thanks again for trying.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeff_h,

I've escalated your ticket and requested an immediate update. An agent will be reaching out to you shortly.

JamesC

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very kind of you James and thanks. I’m not holding my breath as support has set the stage for how my issue should be addressed…ignore! We’ll see and I’ll update status. 
thanks again and if it wasn’t for you to responding to my concern in this forum, I would be sol and out of the money…no plan no ability to call! Not a nice situation for a customer to be in!

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James.  A gentleman named Eric has tried to contact me but I was out of town and traveling back home.  I’m home now so can you let him know to try calling me again.

Thanks and hopefully we will get someplace with this problem.  Sounds like he has no clue as to what happened which should have been documented by the previous support folks but guess it wasn’t so we start at square one…again..extremely disappointed in how this has been handled.

Will update as the story evolves.

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried to update the ticket and got a failure and that support was working on it….just unbelievable!  So I can’t reach out to Eric.  This is so unprofessional and Arlo just raised their pricing for subscriptions for what?  I’m simply appalled at all the failures in the support organization!8AC146F5-F67C-4E63-971A-595C25D3F9A1.png

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James.  I finally had a discussion with support and discussed the complete failure in addressing my concerns and problem.  We came to a reasonable agreement on taking care of the situation.  Still have lingering fears about support from this team as any security company should address any issues with extreme urgency and concern which wasn't the case.  I will be using a subscription for a few months and will decided after the period if Arlo is the right company for my security needs.

Thanks again for getting involved to resolve my concern.  You did an outstanding job and support should learn from your professional engagement.

Feel free to close this issue.  

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation