Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jon_5912
Follower
Follower

The first few seconds of video have the huge stop button in the middle and it keeps you from seeing what was recorded.  A coyote walked across my driveway last night and the recording started when it was on the left side of the huge stop button so I can't see what's going on until he emerges on the right side of the huge stop button.  Put that button someplace else or just get rid of it.  Nobody wants the first 3 seconds of a 10 second video to be obscured.  Just stop the video with a click.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jon_5912 wrote:

The first few seconds of video have the huge stop button in the middle and it keeps you from seeing what was recorded.  A coyote walked across my driveway last night and the recording started when it was on the left side of the huge stop button so I can't see what's going on until he emerges on the right side of the huge stop button.  

I agree this is annoying.  But the stop button isn't in the recording, it's just an overlaid control.  You can just use the slider to restart playback from the beginning (after the control disappears), and you won't see that control the second time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jon_5912 wrote:

The first few seconds of video have the huge stop button in the middle and it keeps you from seeing what was recorded.  A coyote walked across my driveway last night and the recording started when it was on the left side of the huge stop button so I can't see what's going on until he emerges on the right side of the huge stop button.  

I agree this is annoying.  But the stop button isn't in the recording, it's just an overlaid control.  You can just use the slider to restart playback from the beginning (after the control disappears), and you won't see that control the second time.

TP1980
Tutor
Tutor

Hard to disagree! I've never seen such huge button anywhere and it is truly annoying. How about a "UI basics"-training course for the people who design the UI? Awful work.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation