Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 32 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Whitneyagentile
Tutor
Tutor

The new app is impossible to use. Not only can I not turn off certain notifications (like my dogs) everything in the app is difficult to find and I have to delete at least 25 notifications a day on each camera one by one. If I did not have so much invested in these cameras I would throw them in the trash. And what are “widgets”? I don’t have time for this. 

8 REPLIES 8
npgnashville
Initiate
Initiate

AGREED. Also seems like several of the older Arlo Go (cellular) cameras aren't supported anymore. There's about $1,000 up in smoke because of an update. Thanks Arlo

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Whitneyagentile 

Can you provided more detail regarding not being able to turn off a notification for your animals?. 

Whitneyagentile
Tutor
Tutor

I was told I could turn down the “sensitivity” of a dog alert but I can’t turn off animal alerts like the previous app provided. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Whitneyagentile 

You can adjust the sensitivity of a specific device, but any Smart alerts will not be affected, these Smart alerts will be either On/Off.

You can however adjust the sensitivity of the camera to the lowest and work your way up until you reach a desired result. 

Mesinere
Initiate
Initiate

This app is horrible. I have 2 houses each with is own base station but I can’t separate the schedules for each which was easy to do in the old app. Endless hours wasted. Would NEVER recommend Arlo or purchase another Arlo product

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mesinere 

You can create a new location and utilize these devices separately. You can find more info here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062778

Katrinatx
Initiate
Initiate

couldn’t agree more. I don’t understand why there is a disable feature in the smart notifications  that when you disable you actually stop notifications. The old app allowed this. In a recent terrible support chat I was told to create a rule in the arm away/home section of the app and supposedly it was turn off notifications. Waiting to see. This version of the app does suck!!!

Whitneyagentile
Tutor
Tutor

I wish they would change it back. I’ll never buy another Arlo product. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 32 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation