Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remote reset of base station ruined everything

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BrianKs
Guide
Guide

Only 3 of the 4 cameras still work that I originally bought.  But just today I tried to view the cameras remotely because there was an issue at the house, and only one was working.   So I reset the base station.    Now nothing works, and the base station won’t connect to the Wi-Fi. This happens all the time, I always forget that you can’t reset the base station remotely, because then I have to go and manually push buttons on the actual base station and unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again.  I haven’t had luck restarting the base station remotely.   And it always comes at the most in opportune times! Please, don’t rob my house for the next couple of days because the cameras aren’t recording anything.  Thanks!! 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of a WiFi switch that the hub is plugged into such as a Wemo can be useful. As long as your network is working, you can use the switch's app to turn it off and back on remotely. 

BrianKs
Guide
Guide

yes, but this just makes things even more unnecessarily complicated.  I Arlo pro3 cams also lose ability to record and save when there is a power outage. So, I also need a ups.  (There should at least be a way to save recordings during a power outage to the cameras storage for 1gb or so). And then the cameras take hours or sometimes a whole day to reconnect to the base station. Too many extras to buy in order to back up an already expensive system. I am now installing a new wired system that will run as primary and I will use the Arlo cameras as a backup.  I think mine and others frustrations with Arlo is the fact that there are a lot more problems that arise then you would expect with a more expensive product.  I have installed cheap wired systems that have worked flawlessly for the last 6 years, and with Arlo I have just had problem after problem.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation