Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 video doesn’t connect and has no audio. But it still is connected to base.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
telgkb9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m out of warranty but I probably have a hardware failure. Camera

connects to base station, and most software options are available, but the video fails to connect and the audio is x’d out. I have the most recent firmware installed. Is there a way to force a firmware downgrade or reinstall? Just to validate my suspicions? I’m confident that it is a hardware failure. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try this:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Make sure the camera is reasonably close to the base/hub to eliminate the possibility of signal strength/quality issues.

telgkb9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I ran though these steps before and it did get my camera to reconnect to the base and account, Everything works except getting the video to connect. I ran the motion test and it also times out, but clearly said I had good bandwidth. This is why I'm thinking it's just a hardware failure or maybe the firmware didnt update completely. But it never showed any errors. Thanks for your response. 👍

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can check your camera firmware version against what the latest is by going here:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Having a good strength indication isn't a guarantee of a good connection since some other 2.4GHz wireless device near the camera or hub may be interfering with the signal. Bring a camera nearer the hub (indoors should be fine) and see if that makes a difference. What is the house construction? How many walls with things on/in them are in the straight line path for the connection? Have you tried moving the hub away from the router as much as possible?

Bedg2024
Tutor
Tutor

Im having the same issues. We’ve had Arlo for years. We still have the OG cameras for a total of 5. Never had an issue until yesterday. We didn’t move the cameras. Nothing was changed or moved when it comes to our router. There were no changes at all. The only camera having issues is Pro 3. When trying to stream it times out. When trying to troubleshoot it,  it sounds like it’s trying to record, but it’s not recording. I’ve reset it and re-add it to the base, but when it comes to the step in finding the bandwidth - it never finds one. Customer service was nice, but seemed novice. They were telling me to do literally the same thing I had done multiple times. I’m at a loss at what might be wrong. The other 4 cameras are working fine so if it was the router/internet then all of them would be suffering. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation