Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 no 7 days free, freezing recordings, cameras disconnecting, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Devlin57
Aspirant
Aspirant
All those things are considered. That camera also became disconnected and had to be reset completely. That is just one of the many irritants I have with your camera system. Those were mentioned in the previous email. That you use a hub with a dedicated WiFi system is the most absurd idea that you could have used. The hub has to be inside and protected yet you do not provide for a remote antenna. Try putting cameras outside in front and back of your house. You can’t unless you have a small house or you buy additional hubs. I guess that’s your gouging ploy. And the fact that the 2 has 7 days of free recording yet the 3 has none. That is flat out wrong. And your website does not easily spell out what I will get with no subscription, only what the subscription has. Also the recordings that I am now paying for don’t do continuous play back. It shows the first few seconds then the picture freezes while the slider continues to move. Then the last few seconds finish playing. It is a horrible system. When I am doing local viewing on my network as in who is at the door. The system takes minutes to show the image. Then I have a 2-3 minutes delay. That is worse than talking to the moon. I can go on and on and on. I got fleeced and I’m not happy. 

when trying to reply to the help email their website errored out and wouldn’t let me reply  sheesh  
1 REPLY 1
Devlin57
Aspirant
Aspirant

My nest camera on the same network gives me real time viewing which allows proper conversation. I got this system to be used outside looking back at the building. In a metal barn I have barely a signal at 30 feet away. The signal is going thru one sheet of metal siding. I understand how WiFi works. My problem is that their system does not use your network but only their dedicated hub WiFi. My barn has a high power Access Point on the outside that would be great to use but no. Well I will be moving my Nest camera down to the barn. It works!  

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation