Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mrasi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras, they have been in the same place on the house since they were purchased and installed years ago.  There has been no changes to my wifi, that also has been in place for a while.  (I have the Orbi AC3200 triband system for my wifi ) All four cameras also have the solar panels connected to them.

Yesterday I noticed just one camera was reporting offline.  After going through all the trouble shooting steps with support we got it back online by removing it from my account, adding it back through the app on my phone and pushing the sync button on the camera.  That lasted about 5 hours and then it lost connectivity again.  I tried to contact support again via chat but was caught in an endless loop of getting the same virtual chat suggestions.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?  Do the batteries eventually need to be replaced?  If I had to guess I would say these cameras are about four or 5 years old.

The other thing I noticed is on the app, the icon for the battery, sound, and solar charging are greyed out but the wifi icon is full strength.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrasi
Aspirant
Aspirant

For me the issues resolved itself on its own.  I went through the process of re-syncing the cameras a few times and then charged the battery fully via the charger rather than the solar panel.  I believe the last thing I tried was swapping a battery from one camera to the other.  One day it just started working again and I have not had a problem ever since.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping cameras around to see if that helps determine whether it's the camera or location.

mrasi
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I went through the process of removing the device from my app and adding it again.  This time I left it in the house, about 20 feet from the hub and wifi.  This morning it was showing as offline again in the app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may be faulty, either swap at the store or use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model and start communication with official support.

estebinbin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue and have tried multiple times all the trouble shooting step either by myself, with an agent through chat and now with internal agent by email. The result is still offline. The camera connects fine but does not let me go to live view and when attempted a few times it shows the offline message. the camera is clearly faulty at this point and have stated that in my last email. I will see what happens next.

TURTLE_5136
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same set up with the solar panels and pro 3 cameras the offline started with one camera ones in a wile now 2 of my cameras record 2-6 videos per day on n the door entrance I don't know what else to do 

mrasi
Aspirant
Aspirant

For me the issues resolved itself on its own.  I went through the process of re-syncing the cameras a few times and then charged the battery fully via the charger rather than the solar panel.  I believe the last thing I tried was swapping a battery from one camera to the other.  One day it just started working again and I have not had a problem ever since.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation