Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 not connecting

Discussion stats
Docandbean
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I have 4 pro3 cameras which they worked for about 2 years all of a sudden one stopped connecting. We tried removing the battery and removing device and sync it again nothing if finds it but says poor connection when it's literally almost right next to hub. I saw some post here stating factory rest hub remove everything and start over. We did that now 2 cameras won't even sync please help I don't like not having all my cameras working 

38 REPLIES 38
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It might be worth rebooting the base/hub and maybe your router. When you reset the hub and cameras did you also remove them from your account before trying to connect again? I know you said you did but want to verify that.

Describe in detail the process you're using to try to set things back up.

Docandbean
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you. Yes I removed all the devices and the hub from the account and took off the arlo app from my phone. Then I added the app again. Logged into the account added the hub/base renamed it. Then I added 2 cameras which were found right away,then I tried the 3rd one and it took a long time to find Then it finally did but had poor connection 😔 then 8 did the 4th one and same thing as the 3rd one. So we removed everything again.did it all over again and now it is not able to find camera 3 and 4. I can try restarting my modem. Do you know if I have to make a new account? I'm just lost don't know what to do I did call arlo support and they said I have to buy new ones. When I called them only one was not connecting now I have 2 when I factory reset it please help. I don't want to return them 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be faulty cameras but having 2 at the same time is unlikely. How far from the hub are the cameras? There could be an issue from being too close and/or having other cameras nearby - move anything else away when trying to connect the problem cameras. Make sure the camera batteries are charged, too.

No, you don't need a new account.

Ughthebilling
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue with both Pro 3 and Pro cameras.  Arlo sucks!!  I've been on chat with them twice and still no fix.  I've deleted the base station, cameras and app on my phone, and now it only sees the base station.  

It's so terrible.  And no fix at all from Arlo.

Anyone know what to do if resetting the base station and app don't fix the issue?  I've tried turning off/on and everything I can think of.  Arlo App will not see my cameras anymore.  I think this has to do with issues on Arlo's side, but they'll never say they're having issues.

Docandbean
Tutor
Tutor

I restarted the modem and factory reset the hub/base and 1 out of the 2 cameras that didn't want to connect finally connected. Still not sure why they other won't connect 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Docandbean wrote:

I restarted the modem and factory reset the hub/base and 1 out of the 2 cameras that didn't want to connect finally connected. Still not sure why they other won't connect 

Try doing a factory reset on the problem camera next.

Docandbean
Tutor
Tutor

How do I do a factory rest on the camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Most answers are found in the FAQs in the support section here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Damot
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same issue as well. 3 cameras working fine. One stopped operating as it should about 2 months ago. Tried everything from all resets. I can get it to connect to the smart hub but after doing so it wont connect video.
On the app is shows that there is wifi signal and charged battery but no video.
On very rare occasions it would detect motion but generally nothing.
I think it might be hardware issues in the camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Damot 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Scoote
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem, camera clicks like it’s taking pictures, I was messing with it, activating the siren, nothing. Hours later the siren and spotlight randomly going off like it’s doing what I was asking it to do hours ago. Camera says full battery, connected to WiFi. The image is frozen from something 243 days ago. Something fishy is going on, I can’t access anything from that long ago and now all of a sudden there’s an image frozen from that long ago? I used to like these cameras….

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Scoote 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Freejim
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, 

I have the exact same issue here, with arlo pro 3. 5 cameras, one of them suddenly decided to stop connecting. I can factory reset it, add it without issues, it detect motion, but that's all. Can't connect to live stream, can't see any video of it. I have reset the hub as well, changed the battery, the camera is like 2 meters from the hub... Doesn't change anything. 

This seems to be a known issue... Still, I have opened multiple tickets for it since almost one year, nobody from arlo have suggested a solution.

I'm not considering buying arlo in the future. 

Regards, 

Jérémie 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Freejim 

Can you provide me with your latest case umber so I can review this.

Thank you 

sasà
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I'm having the same issue

Hi I have 3 pro3 cameras which they worked for about 1 years all of a sudden one stopped connecting. We tried removing the battery and removing device and sync it again nothing if finds it but says poor connection when it's literally almost right next to hub. I saw some post here stating factory rest hub remove everything and start over. We did that now 2 cameras won't even sync please help I don't like not having all my cameras working .

I opened an Incident number 00582658.  

Please it's quaite urgent

thanks

User951
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one of my 2 pro 3 cameras doing the exact same thing for the last few months and it seem like a lot of owners are as well. Might be time to switch companies. Funny, they all seem to have started at the same time. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@User951 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support through the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Falcon_9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same issue and I could not reconnect my Arlo Pro 3 camera after Removing the Device. Here is what fixed my issue:
1. My account is not primary. It would "let" me try to add device, but wouldn't work. Had to log in with our Primary Account.
2. Remove Battery from Arlo Pro 3.
3. Unplug power cord from Arlo HUB and wait about 15 seconds.
4. Plug power cord back into Arlo HUB and wait until you can see cameras show up in the Mobile App.
5. Insert fully charged battery back into Arlo Pro 3.
6. Using Arlo Mobile App, click Add Device and walk through the default options to find the deivce **Make sure you are using your PRIMARY account (not a secondary account).

Once I did these steps, I was able to discover and re-add my device successfully.

Bedg2024
Tutor
Tutor

Im having the same issues, and it’s the same issues from all the Pro 3 threads. Not connecting i.e. can’t find bandwidth, image frozen from days ago, clicks as if it’s recording but not recording. SAME issues, but when you ask tech support they act like they don’t know. I’m sure they know from all these comments. I’ve done everything one could do, and from the other comments it seems tech support only reiterates what we’ve told them already. It almost seems they don’t want to resolve anything. It’s also weird that all the threads have been closed with “solution” found. When you read through them NO solution has been found. I love Arlo cameras. We’ve been then since almost the beginning, with no issues until a week ago. It’s almost a turn off that no one can do anything. The tech support was nice, but seemed novice. Wish they could give a discount or trade for one of the essential cheaper models at least. 

Mook08
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issues 2 cameras one after the other. I managed to get one connected after circa 10 attempts but the other......I am stuck in a loop doing resets and adding a new device but for the install not completing as it will not show a live feed .

I think this is a bug.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Mook08 

Are you still experiencing this issue with onboarding your devices? 

Mook08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS 

No its still an issue. I have a ticket open #43927076 but its been 2 days with no update.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mook08 

Thanks for the info, it looks like you replied to the case yesterday, support should be following up soon. 

Bedg2024
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue. I thought I had it working today. After probably the 30th time trying it (restring it, changing batteries, etc) kept giving me notifications and recording. Only to last for a few hours. Now it’s back to the same deal. 😞

Discussion stats