Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight. Disable spotlight during motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Alex_arlo1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone, I am trying out a pro 3 Arlo floodlight. I am trying to disable the floodlight during motion at night. I have read through other posts, saying to disable it in the video settings or light settings, but I don’t have a low light setting with an option to turn off the spotlight. It’s not there I’ve checked so many times in the app. I am using the latest version 4.1 1.1. Are these settings camera specific or is there something up with the app?  Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_arlo1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So 10 minutes later, I figured it out. I had to go into the routines tab and adjust rules under the modes section. This is the area where you can tell the camera what to do if it detects motion or sound, I unselected  “turn on a light”. Now the floodlight only turns on if I turn it on manually in the app. It’s a little backwards, but it works  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alex_arlo1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So 10 minutes later, I figured it out. I had to go into the routines tab and adjust rules under the modes section. This is the area where you can tell the camera what to do if it detects motion or sound, I unselected  “turn on a light”. Now the floodlight only turns on if I turn it on manually in the app. It’s a little backwards, but it works  

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Do that under Routines - modes. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation