Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PRO 3 Extreme Motion Detection Lag

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
grace060561
Guide
Guide

Hi All:  I've seen others who have had this NEW ISSUE for me!  I've had Pro 3 cameras about 3 1/2 years.  God knows I've had various issues and why I continue to even keep them is beyond me.  Anyway.  I recently (last few days) realized cameras SOMETIMES either have an extreme motion lag where camera starts recording way after event that trigged it or it's not catching motion at all or may catch something closer to it.  For instance, I have a camera on my garage.  I live close to my road. Camera always caught traffic whether it was fast moving or slow.  It caught vehicles coming into my driveway, etc.  Now, even though NOTHING changed, most times, not catching vehicle or catches tailights, if that.  I switched out thst camera with another, same thing.  I unplugged Hub, made sure cameras were all charged, made sure my internet is working properly, checked all settings on EACH camera, all on highest motion detection, garage camera is on 2K but did toggle that off to check if that was what was causing it...it wasn't, I don't have activity zones...never have, then I RESET HUB and put each camera back on.  Same thing happening.  I put garage camera back up, walked on right side towards my road, it caught me once.  Then I went out to the road and walked back & forth and it didn't catch motion.  Started walking up driveway, was almost on top of it b4 it caught motion.  Been on-line with tech support, they of course suggested all the same things I already did.  They ended conversation saying they had to check with others & would get back to me.  I'M COMPLETELY FED UP WITH THIS SYSTEM AND ARLO.  Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.  But at this point, I think I got my moneys worth and I'm ready to move onto another product that works better, less issues, better customer & technical service, etc.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @grace060561 

Are you still experiencing this issue? I can see that the value or number of PIR triggers for Feb 21st is around 60+, is that a lower number of triggers than usual? 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation