Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only one camera will record at a time

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pshubbard
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have six cameras connected to a VMB4540r2 base station. Only one camera is recording at a time. Is there a way to allow multiple cameras to record at the same time?
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pshubbard wrote:
I have six cameras connected to a VMB4540r2 base station. Only one camera is recording at a time. Is there a way to allow multiple cameras to record at the same time?

The base can support 5 simultaneous streams, so multiple cameras can record at the same time.

How you are testing this?  Have you tried aiming two or more cameras at the same area, and then moved around in that area?

Pshubbard
Aspirant
Aspirant
No formal testing, but there have been multiple occasions where I have had kids playing in front of multiple cameras and only one is capturing the movement.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
>>> No formal testing, but there have been multiple occasions where I have had kids playing in front of multiple cameras and only one is capturing the movement. >>> Motion detection range is only about 20-25 feet - so that might be a factor. It'd be useful if you could do some testing, and report back on the results.
Pshubbard
Aspirant
Aspirant

What kind of testing. I have two cameras that cover my backyard/door. One picks up where the other drops off. Just last night I walked between them and only the first one recorded me. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pshubbard wrote:

What kind of testing. I have two cameras that cover my backyard/door. One picks up where the other drops off. Just last night I walked between them and only the first one recorded me. 

The cameras don't trigger 100% of the time, so you can't immediately jump to the conclusion that the base can't handle multiple recordings when a camera doesn't trigger.

Take the two cameras inside, and put them a couple of feet apart (pointing at the same spot).  Then walk across the field of view and see if both record.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation