Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of my Arlo Pro 3 Cameras not recording

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Nickk11
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden one of my Arlo 3 cameras stopped recording. I also noticed I wasn’t able to watch live footage like in the past as well as with my other cameras. I removed the camera and added it again.  I noticed a recording right away and assumed it was working again. I then noticed it didn’t record anything after that but would randomly record once in a while but only for a second. I would also get notifications of a a recording but nothing in the library. The other cameras continued to work just fine. I then noticed the battery would drain in less than a day so I tried buying a new battery. The same problems seem to be happening. This issue is driving me crazy. Is the camera just bad or is there something else I can try. 

15 REPLIES 15
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

Have you tried swapping the cameras (seeing if the problem stays with the camera, or stays with the location)?

Nickk11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not able to live stream at all. The other cameras I am. Its not the location either because I have moved the camera inside near the router to see if that was the issue and the same thing is happening.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nickk11 wrote:

I am not able to live stream at all. The other cameras I am. Its not the location either because I have moved the camera inside near the router to see if that was the issue and the same thing is happening.

You could try removing the camera from the account, and then doing a hardware reset (holding down sync until the camera flashes amber).  Then add the camera back.

Nickk11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the idea, but this did not work for me either.  The other thing that is happening is that the battery is draining extremely fast (within 2 days, even the XL which I just bought) without any recordings taking place.  The camera light will come on when there is motion like there should be a recording happening, but nothing will happen.  I am almost ready to give up and toss this camera unless anyone else has any ideas.  Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the app to select Settings, Support. Choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support for a possible RMA.

Martin24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, started with 1 camera now all 3 are doing exactly the same as you describe. Did you ever get a solution as I too are ready to give up 

Nickk11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh jeez, it's happening to all of your cameras now?  That sucks.  Unfortunately I just gave up.  I tried speaking with support but they just told me to do all the same things I already tried.  Nothing seemed to work.  Something was definitely wrong with the camera.  I tried buying a new battery (the XL one) hoping that would solve the issue but had the same results.  The battery would die in about 24 hours without any recordings.  Very frustrating situation...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Nickk11 

Can you PM me with your case number?

Switchgeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

The exact same thing is happening to one of my two Arlo Pro 3 cameras.  I had a guy from tech support walk me through factory resetting my base station and my camera that is giving me an issue.  I was able to add my base station back and then my camera by pressing and holding the sync button until it blinked amber 3 times.  This allowed me to add it back in the app (which showed a thumbnail of the last time it recorded) but it still doesn't let me go live and the camera is not recording video upon motion. 

This camera does however sometimes show the spotlight and then it turns off the light and repeats sometimes, but no video shows in the feed and still it doesn't go live.  My second pro 3 camera worked better (it was able to go live and detect motion).  However, it also wasn't recording.  Factory resetting the base station fixed the recording problem for the second camera, but it still won't going live, nor record on the first camera. 

I also have the wired doorbell camera (which goes live and records upon motion after I added it back to the base station) that came with the base station and the two pro 3 cameras in a kit from Costco.  Now, I just wish that I could return it.  These problems all started after the new app for Arlo was last pushed to all of my monitoring devices after the holidays.

BTW, I work in IT for a major company, so I know a thing or two about how to work with networked devices. 😉  I used to think these Arlo cameras were the best, but I am starting to have my doubts.

Switchgeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB, I also tried what you said and it didn't work for me either.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Switchgeek

Can you pm me with your case number?

Martin24
Aspirant
Aspirant

case ref no is 00586307. Thanks

Switchgeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately we got disconnected before I got a chance to get one.  I didn't see one in my email either.  I just need to know what the fix is.  Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Martin24 

Are you still experiencing this? I notified the appropriate team and they should be reaching out soon, unless the issue was previously resolved.

Thanks 

Switchgeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, if you bought your cameras though Costco, they have their own people to help at 866-833-7637.  They are sending out a one-time replacement with a Pro 4 camera.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation