Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No live view in app, only on computer

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gielb
Follower
Follower

I physically moved the HUB as far away from my WIFI router as the ethernet cable would allow me, but still:

• Camera's only connect on my laptop when I am at home (so, both camera's & laptop – with or without VPN -  on the same wifi)
  • It does not connect on laptop when I am at work, on the corporate network.
  • Camera's never connect to the app on either one of the smartphones (Android 10 & 8 I installed the app. (it did work for a brief moment during initial installation, after that, nothing…)
    • It does however keeps changing the picture every time I open the app, to the last capture it remembered from last time the arlo’s connected to the laptop. So it “does something”…
    • Deleted and re-installed the app several times on different phones
  • I restarted the wifi router, the hub, the smartphones, …
  • I checked Port Forwarding 443 & 80 , both are open
  • I did speed test of my network, it is more than fast enough, having enough down/upload speed.

... now I am all out of ideas, can anyone please help me?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A corporate network frequently doesn't work since IT can block access. You'd have to talk to them about opening port 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.com but don't count on it. Use of cell service on your phone solves that.

The issue of using the phone to view cameras is different. Have you tried both cell service and WiFi?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation