Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New verses old

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dude2
Follower
Follower

My Arlo 3 cameras all have a solar panels to power them but one got water in it from the seal being bad so I purchased a new camera only to find out that they changed the charging base to micro usb port which looks like you wouldn’t be able to use a solar panel to power it because water will corrode the plug. My camera’s are in a location where I don’t want to have to get them down in the winter or if I’m gone for a long period of time, I’ll have to get someone to charge them. Not sure why they changed the plug for charging but I haven’t found a way to charge the new camera by solar yet unless I splice into the provided cable. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dude2 wrote:

My Arlo 3 cameras all have a solar panels to power them but one got water in it from the seal being bad so I purchased a new camera only to find out that they changed the charging base to micro usb port 

Sounds like you purchased an Essential model, instead of a Pro 3/4/5s/ or Ultra.  There is a compatible solar panel:

megmen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Old is gold dude,

This not a solution but if you cut the cable from center and then attach solar cable with micro USB cable to easily plug-in port.

megmen.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation