Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Arlo Charging Dock full charge light

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rweiner14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Arlo friends. I use the Netgear Arlo Charging Dock to charge my Arlo Pro 3 batteries. Previously, when batteries were fully charged there was a solid green light. Now I get a blinking yellow light. Is the charging dock faulty? Why don't I get a solid green light when  the batteries a fully charged anymore? Do I have a full charge when I only get blinking yellow lights after a long period of charging time?  

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Rweiner14 wrote:

Dear Arlo friends. I use the Netgear Arlo Charging Dock to charge my Arlo Pro 3 batteries. Previously, when batteries were fully charged there was a solid green light. Now I get a blinking yellow light. Is the charging dock faulty? Why don't I get a solid green light when  the batteries a fully charged anymore? Do I have a full charge when I only get blinking yellow lights after a long period of charging time?  

Is the battery an Arlo battery or third party? I had a spare third party battery and got the blinking yellow and it never charged after about a year. My Arlo batteries are steady yellow and then green when charged. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, I would think the blinking amber/yellow light indicates a fault. Can you charge in a camera successfully? That would eliminate the battery as the problem.

Rweiner14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply jguerdat. Perhaps the Netgear Arlo charging dock is faulty. Some batteries charge fully and some charge partially. the batteries and charging dock are 4 - 5 years old. 

Rweiner14
Aspirant
Aspirant

The batteries are Arlo brand. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rweiner14 wrote:

Perhaps the Netgear Arlo charging dock is faulty. Some batteries charge fully and some charge partially. the batteries and charging dock are 4 - 5 years old. 

I thinking it's more likely to be the batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation