Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Horrible after sales customer support

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Josie17
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased the Pro 3 floodlight about 6 months ago along with 3 other cameras and in the past two months it has mysteriously disappeared off the app. No issues with the other ones, just this floodlight. I get no warning or notice, it just disappears with no record of when it disappears. After the 3rd time, I finally reached out for technical support and have gotten absolutely nowhere. Worst, most incompetent service I have ever experienced.
this process started with a phone call that failed to accurately capture the problem and immediately migrated to one way emails that require responses through their portal that provides no record of my responses. 
Case# 43911552 has now had 9 communications that do nothing more than ask me (the customer) to do something or provide “additional info” and zero update on what Arlo is doing to troubleshoot the problem, what next steps are, or what they think the problem could be. And now this last one is simply asking me to reinstall the camera and take a screenshot that shows it back on my Arlo app. The same thing I’ve done the previous two times the camera disappeared. Again, I have received ZERO explanations or updates on where they are on figuring out why this is happening in the first place. So I’m left to believe they are doing absolutely nothing or are unable to do anything and just hoping if I reinstall the camera again that the issue will magically go away.

When I ask for an update or progress status, the request is completely ignored. But given I have had seven different people involved in this, I have to wonder how well my situation is passed along. 
I will reinstall the camera because I have no other options until I find a new system to replace this with, but I can no longer recommend Arlo if this the support to be expected. 

8 REPLIES 8
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was you able to get the Pro 3 floodlights to stay on the account? If not please let me know and I will escalate the ticket for you. 

disappointed24
Tutor
Tutor
I agree they are absolutely worthless! They read from scripts...even after telling them to transfer me to a higher tiered engineer...they were of the same level intellectually...they read the same script almost word for work....You are NOT alone...I have these set up for family and friends...these are absolutely WORTHLESS now...I have myself went through hours of troubleshooting...additional hours on the phone w/ inept support. I have one friend that we have turned off animals and audio...he still gets 2500-5000 alerts a day from his dogs...his neighbors dogs, birds. I too get up to 2500 a day animal and audio...everything adjusted...full batteries hooked up to solar panels on all...drained w/in a day or two. I detest arlo now!!! This is on all 6 of our group that I know of.
Josie17
Tutor
Tutor
That is exactly what I dealt with. Whether phone or email, nothing but script reading. And nobody on their end is reading the transcripts and notes from previous transactions, so I end up constantly repeating myself, or reminding them that what they suggest has already been tried. I am finally getting the camera replaced, but there is still the issue of the outdoor power cord (which may have been the real culprit). The issue with my camera dropping started when I installed the 25 foot outdoor power charging cable since (per Arlo) having the camera and floodlight on permanent power negates the need to recharge and unlocks full floodlight potential. After I installed the cord, it worked fine for a eeek or two, then the issues started. After I reported the issues stated here, I recharged and plugged it back in to get a notice to use genuine Arlo accessories. Then I tested the cord and it had apparently gone bad and was exacerbating the problem. So while the camera itself looks to be getting replace, I still want the outdoor power cable replaced as well since it went bad in under 2 months. This process has been exhausting. I don’t expect a companies product line to be flawless. There will always be duds that make it off the production floor. But because of this, I need the after sales to be stellar, and this is where Arlo is failing significantly.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Josie17
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Brook, I’ve responded to your DM with more details. 

pegdane
Initiate
Initiate

Been an ARLO customer and happy with cameras. Auto pay with my debit card that was hacked and didn't remember that's how my acct was paid monthly. All has been fine until today when Iooked at my library and there's NOTHING recorded. Went on to my acct and it say 'CANCELLED'. NO email, NO call, NO text, NO letter.  Now I have to sign up for a new account and the price is now $2 more a month. 

I've been on the computer since 4:00pm (it's now 5:15pm)  trying to talk to someone. Tried the 'chat' but it say's only customers can chat.

If I wasn't happy with my camera's, I would not sign up but I'm hoping someone will have the decency to contact me about this. My feeling is they don't care and won't respond but I'm trying to stay positive. 

Josie17
Tutor
Tutor

I did eventually get my issue solved. Apparently the power cord (Arlo 25 foot outdoor power cord) is what caused the initial issue. And Arlo did replace the cable at no charge eventually. However, in the course of trying to troubleshoot to identify the root cause, I essentially had to do it myself and then feed the service people results. I also somehow ended up with two separate tickets open which added to the confusion… but the tech teams didn’t even notice that. Internal communication seems to be a big challenge. I do like the cameras and because the money is already spent, I’m going to continue until they are no longer serviceable. But I don’t think I’m coming back when it’s time to upgrade. The cameras aren’t that good, and they do take a long time to connect when trying to access. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@pegdane I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation