Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with viewing local storage recordings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JLJ5
Initiate
Initiate

I would just like to say purchasing these cameras for the amount of money has been one of my worst decisions in my life. I've made plenty of them so congratulations for that. I was a subscriber but there really wasn't any need anymore since I'm monitored by Simplisafe. The only reason i ever even purchased these cameras was because Simplisafe kept saying they were coming out with outside cameras, but didn't want to wait any longer for their eta. Boy do I regret this decision, but like I said I was holding off for hope. So now here I am with $755 worth of garbage where I can't view my recordings with a usb that is compatible cause the Arlo app says ready, but no library. My goal was to not keep paying for this subscription, but this has not happened even though it says you're able too. The other ignorant thing is finding out not being able to view unless on your wifi connection. I can just look out my door while there!!!! People need this when they're away from their houses. I'm getting rid of these and just going to take my losses by selling these now along with extra batteries, charger, solar panels. I hate to screw someone like this, but better to do as well before you end of life these cameras on me as well. This is crazy to do this end of life on updates where people have paid so much for this garbage. I've been with Simplisafe for 7yrs and do have their doorbell camera and they've not had this stupid end of life on my camera since I've had it. This is pathetic and no need for these costs. I'm cutting my losses before this happens to me, oh and simplisafe you can actually CALL AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE. You also don't have to be a subscriber to be able to chat. The only thing I wanted to do was be able to use a usb to store my recordings and view on the app. People i know even have those cheap eufy and waze cameras and way more satisfied. They can view their history without a subscription.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JLJ5 

Have you removed the UUB device to view the recordings on a Computer? If you would like to view the recordings from the app you will need to setup the direct storage access feature. You can find more info here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor...

"Direct Storage Access is a great solution if you are looking for a convenient way to access videos stored locally on your Arlo SmartHub. Instead of removing the microSD card or USB storage device and plugging it into your computer to view recordings, Direct Storage Access enables a fast way to directly view recordings through the Arlo Secure App. When you use Direct Storage Access, your Arlo recordings never touch the Arlo cloud, providing seamless point-to-point access."

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation