Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help!!!! Smart Notification Failures (Tired of Tech Support Reading From Scripts With NO Answers

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
disappointed24
Tutor
Tutor
Folks you are NOT alone...I have these set up for family and friends...these are absolutely WORTHLESS now...I have myself went through hours of troubleshooting...additional hours on the phone w/ inept support. I have one friend that we have turned off animals and audio...he still gets 2500-5000 alerts a day from his dogs...his neighbors dogs, birds. I too get up to 2500 a day animal and audio...everything adjusted...full batteries hooked up to solar panels on all...drained w/in a day or two. I detest arlo now!!! This is on all 6 of our group that I know of.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's important to note that turning off specific classifications within smart notifications will suppress the incoming push notifications, but not the recordings themselves. Activity zones and smart alert adjustments will not alleviate battery consumption issues from an overly active camera. The volume of alerts/recordings you're referencing is an indication that the camera position will be an issue for battery consumption due to the high number of motion/activity triggers. Because these cameras are battery operated (solar panel will provide a slow trickle charge but will not keep up with the volume in you're scenario) the battery drain you're experiencing is expected. I encourage you to make some adjustments to the camera sensitivity, angle/position, or try disabling audio detection to improve performance.

For more information on positioning your cameras for best performance, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/1015583/How-do-I-optimize-motion-detection-for-my-Arlo-camera#:~:text=motion%20d...

JamesC

disappointed24
Tutor
Tutor

Good Morning James,

I appreciate your insight, but not a noob...but this is not the issue here...multiple deployed Arlo3 and Arlo4 locations all separate base stations...camera angles NEVER changed...Sensitivity was at 80% for two years w/out any issue FOR ALL...since troubleshooting have taken it down to 40% and backup with no avail...zones that had worked for ALL 6 systems were deleted and rebuilt. I turned off EVERY notification, deleted the cameras from system, reset each basestation...tried that still same thing...updated firmware...SAME...built separate VLAN on one...monitored traffic and packets...nothing blocked...went through no less than 10 tech support (imbeciles) finally was transported to on tier 2 that gave some insight...said they had had thousands of complaints w/ the subscription based archive...the AI was overriding Smart Notifications and it was a know but...they were trying to address. Suggested going to USB backup...but that isn't available except offline when you then must access it from pc. Yes I know it is a trickle charge from panels but when some of those panels have 1500 alerts for sound and another 800 from people walking pets OUT of RANGE of Zone...thus it is a continuing problem...one location people is the only thing checked when they had EVERYTHING but Auto...it alerted them when wildlife was around or intruders on property.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation