Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granted Access but No Devices Found

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fire_worx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set up an Arlo camera and floodlight camera at home. I set them up on my phone (Android) and had no problems.  I granted access for my mother (she uses iOS), but the footage won't appear - through the Web or app.  She gets notifications, but tapping on them takes her through to the Arlo app where there are no devices for her to see. It was working fine with the floodlight camera, but since she tried accessing the second camera, the first disappeared. Any ideas on how to resolve please ?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fire_worx wrote:

I have set up an Arlo camera and floodlight camera at home. I set them up on my phone (Android) and had no problems.  I granted access for my mother (she uses iOS), but the footage won't appear - through the Web or app.  She gets notifications, but tapping on them takes her through to the Arlo app where there are no devices for her to see. It was working fine with the floodlight camera, but since she tried accessing the second camera, the first disappeared. Any ideas on how to resolve please ?

Does your account show "Library" as a menu choice?  Or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Also, what does your mother's account show?

fire_worx
Aspirant
Aspirant

My account (Android) has Library

My mother's account (iOS) has Feed and Dashboard 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fire_worx wrote:

My account (Android) has Library

My mother's account (iOS) has Feed and Dashboard 

The two need to match.  It is possible to migrate from Library to Feed, but it is not possible to migrate from Feed to Library.  The way to do this is to go into add device and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail since you don't own one, but before that happens the workflow will migrate your account to Feed.

There are some issues with Feed that you should be aware of, since once you do this you cannot migrate back.  One drawback is the Feed doesn't have custom modes.  There are three built-in modes that you can edit, but you can not create any more.  Users here have also struggled to get scheduling and geofencing to work properly.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation