Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Cameras and Chime 2 Help

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
John1987
Follower
Follower

Hi. 

I have a few questions. 

1- I have a essential camera outdoors, does this flash any colour when motion is detected? Because I see no colour at all on the device?

2- my chime 2 is no longer making sound when there is motion. I have rest it, re synced it, checked the settings and even had a new one delivered to me but still nothing. It does sound when there is motion at my doorbell though and it sounds when someone presses the door. I just can't get, it to sound on my other cameras. All are armed. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@John1987 wrote:

1- I have a essential camera outdoors, does this flash any colour when motion is detected? Because I see no colour at all on the device?

Camera LED behavior is described here:

You'll see there is no LED activity when motion is detected.  There should be a solid blue LED when the camera is armed, unless you turned that off in the device settings.  So perhaps check that the camera is armed.

However, things are different at night.  If you have the spotlight camera, then the spotlight will turn on (unless low light color is turned off).  If the camera is using IR (Nightvision) at night, you will be able to see the IR spotlights (which aren't bright and look dark red).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

There should be a solid blue LED when the camera is armed, unless you turned that off in the device settings.

The only solid blue LED should be when the battery is being charged and the battery is fully charged. I've never seen it on when the camera is armed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

@StephenB wrote:
here should be a solid blue LED when the camera is armed, unless you turned that off in the device settings.

The only solid blue LED should be when the battery is being charged and the battery is fully charged. I've never seen it on when the camera is armed.

oops - I accidently referred to the section in the KB article for the Essential Indoor, not the outdoor Essential/Essential Spotlight models.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation