Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
fred7157
Star
Star

Today 7/13/2020 I notice Arlo is no longer sending a picture in the alerts email. Anyone else experiencing that? I don’t see a pic on my iPhone or iPad.  

61 REPLIES 61
fred7157
Star
Star

Earlier this week Arlo removed the picture preview from the email it sends when motion or sound is detected on a camera. This feature was invaluable and saved lots of time. Without the picture preview we have to login to the app or the website to view the image\video which is very inefficient. Arlo says they did this on purpose with no valid reason given. Please reach out to the CEO of Arlo on Twitter and let him know how much we miss this feature. 

The CEO of Arlo is Matthew McRae, his twitter handle is @mbmcrae
We also need to post reviews on Amazon for the Arlo cameras to reflect the feature being taken away. I'm sure many agree with me as this was a bad decision.

scpaquette
Tutor
Tutor
Just disabled email alerting, it is now useless ~
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier this week we made a change to motion/audio detection email alerts that resulted in the removal of snapshot images. The intent of this change was to improve the Arlo user experience, however we did not communicate this change to our users in advance, and based on your feedback, we understand the level of frustration this has created.

As a result, we will be rolling back this change later today. This will allow snapshot images for any new motion/audio detection email alerts after the roll back is complete.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

hfang3
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you!!!

eswenson
Guide
Guide

Thank you very much for listening to us and reinstating this feature. I will keep checking my alerts to see if/when the pictures come back. -- Eric

pohaku
Initiate
Initiate

WOO HOO!  Thanks for listening to customer feedback, really appreciate it! Re-enabling the email picture preview makes the email alert 10x more useful!

Best regards

TI994a
Guide
Guide

Thank you so much for listening to your customers and loyal users. I have resumed my subscription as of 5 min ago. Thank you.

jjy
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you Arlo for listening to your customers. My email snapshot pictures are back and I am happy again. Go decision in the end and we appreciate it.
eswenson
Guide
Guide
Yes, my images are back too. Thank you, Arlo, for listening to your customers and providing this very critical feature again.
arlo_user1233
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Arlo!

robbelldmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

You should reconsider, fix the problem,  and give customers a choice to receive picture notifications in emails.  I have been a long time Arlo customer even before when it was Vuezone. I have 13 cameras.  Animals and insects frequently cause the cameras to record.   I like the piece of mind knowing what has triggered the recording and it saves me time if I can see it was a wasp or rabbit rather than a package on my front porch or someone trying to get in to my home that requires prompt attention.   If the tone-deaf stance of the company is to leave it like it is, you are ignoring your customers (including me) and will drive them to your competitors.

riazg
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for listening to the community! Picture previews are back. A major change like this should have been communicated prior to the change and also give us the option to turn it on/off if we determine this to be a security issue in our situation.  Looking forward to that option down the road. Thanks once again! 

Discussion stats