Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection problems of loading the Base station from local wifi

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JohnnyPHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I am using VMB4540 with 3 numbers of Pro 3. 

What happened to me is quite strange. 

I connect with my home wifi and check the camera via IOS app is fine, local steaming or devices status is no problem. 

When I check the local recordings via Base station, there are no recordings.

If I use LTE / other networks, the local recordings via Base station are fine, and all records are accessible. 

Can someone help me with this issue? 

This is so distressed when I am home to use the LTE network to access Arlo. 

Thank you so much. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance you use a VPN at home?

JohnnyPHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

NO, I do not use any VPN service on my router. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. ANy better?

JohnnyPHM
Aspirant
Aspirant
I try reboot, reinstall and re-set all of my devices (Router, iPhone app, Arlo setting…) nothing changes.

The question is why I can access the base station in library via 4G or other network but no my home wifi network?

The funny things is I can change the Arlo settings and live streaming but not the the access of base station in library.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnnyPHM wrote:

The question is why I can access the base station in library via 4G or other network but no my home wifi network?

The funny things is I can change the Arlo settings and live streaming but not the the access of base station in library.

That is a puzzle.

Can you give us some more details on how your home network is set up?  That is, all the equipment between the smarthub and the internet (and also between your mobile device and the internet when on WiFi). I'm wondering if you are double-routing (or have some other issue that is interfering).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation