Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot effectively charge the arlo3

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Suzannecalgary
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just notice that the battery is low but when I charged it more than 2 hours it does not work it seems not take the power, I tried other small light yes the power is good, but the camera just not showing in charging 

Even I connected the power it will flash few then still not showing charging even in the app 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Suzannecalgary wrote:

4, where can I buy that small cable then? 

Arlo doesn't sell it separately, you'd need to purchase an indoor charger that includes the cable if you go with them.

Note that while the title is "indoor magnetic charging cable", if you scroll down to "what's included", you'll see "power adapter" - which is the charger.

There are some third-party cables on Amazon that are cheaper- I've never purchased one, so I can't recommend them.  Arlo of course always recommends that you only use Arlo accessories.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Suzannecalgary wrote:

I just notice that the battery is low but when I charged it more than 2 hours it does not work

It could be 

• the charger
  • the cable
  • the camera
  • the battery

Have you tried another charger?  Ideally one that delivers around 2 amps @ 5 volts.  If you have a second cable, you might as well try that at the same time.

If a different charger+cable behaves the same way, then if you have another Pro 3 camera you could try swapping the batteries in the cameras and see if the problem moves with the camera (or not).

Suzannecalgary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB, 

I will try, 

Suzannecalgary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello StephenB, 

1, I tried another charger, at a second, it showed red color with the battery icon, at least the image came back, some second, it shows 2 times green color for charging, means it is in the charging but suddenly disappeared, and back to the red color icon, means, it now always shows red color of battery icon, but after a while, it showed again lower battery, no any image, no charging even connected to the power. 

2, It seems the cable does not work properly now, always loose or not functional, since I have 2 Arlo pro3 cameras, other one also does not show charging if I try to connect it, It seems a poor contact of cable causes power to fail occasionally. I need to buy a cable then to try, 

3, I changed a new charger(adapter bought just from Bestbuy)  but still the same cable, it does not work better but the same, 

Thanks

Suzanne, 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Suzannecalgary wrote:

Arlo doesn't sell it separately, you'd need to purchase an indoor charger that includes the cable if you go with them.

Note that while the title is "indoor magnetic charging cable", if you scroll down to "what's included", you'll see "power adapter" - which is the charger.

There are some third-party cables on Amazon that are cheaper- I've never purchased one, so I can't recommend them.  Arlo of course always recommends that you only use Arlo accessories.

Suzannecalgary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so very much, happy new year to you! 

I think this is not very expensive, since Amazon does have outdoor cable and adapter together about 20 bucks, I have the gift card balance so that I bought there just before I saw your message and I want to see if this from Amazon would work, but later, if in need, I will buy the Arlo ones, but not sure why it says indoor, but it does not matter, since currently the temperature outside is always above the 0. 

Arlo does not have the cable said outdoor, for me, 

Thank you again, and happy New Year, your reply made my last day of 2023! 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation