Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can not complete the system setup, stopping at the camera name changes

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eden790
Follower
Follower

I bought the 2 Arlo Pro 3 camera system today with the smarthub station. I am using the iPhone app to set up, I have been trying to over an hour to sync it. Finally past firmware update on the smarthub. Now I am facing the problem that I am prompted to change the name of the cam. Chose a name and received a "could not rename" notice and it said "try again" so I did. A few times. Then closed the app and re did it all again, same outcome. I reset the camera, checked wifi and it is connected fine and on the same network, and I am still getting the message. If anyone has has this issue during initial set up please help to provide a solution. Can I skip the name change by using other setup platforms? Like windows web browser or android? Really need help please .
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eden790,

Are the cameras syncing successfully? Within your mobile app, if you navigate to Settings > My Devices, do the cameras appear there?

if you're still experiencing issues, try adding the cameras using a PC and the web client, or an Android device if you have one available to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation