Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
angelnthesky
Aspirant
Aspirant

The videos break up the recording stop the battery doesn't pop out anymore. So many problems with the auto cameras that I am very tired of looking for answers when they just merely stop working after 3 years they're not efficient they start to break down with a lot of defects

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

angelnthesky
Aspirant
Aspirant

The steps I have taken when experiencing Arlo Pro 3 camera problems are:

I have popped out the battery waited 30 seconds, nothing changes.  The Arlo Pro 3 camera has a lot of defects, there are horizontal lines of color intercepting the video.  When you want to press on the camera you want to look at you see the video breaking up in pieces and then a splash of color comes on the screen.  The Arlo Pro 3 camera does not prove to be performing quality surveillance cameras.  The charge on the battery does not last long it takes less than 48 hours for the camera to run out of a charge. Each camera that comes in the kit does not have its own power plug.  The Arlo Pro 3 camera demands to have its own power pack since the charge does not last long.  The price of the cameras is so expensive that the people are cheated because each camera does not have its own power pack.  Last but not least the videos does not have a clear view, because of heavy distortion.  The manufacturer should look into the background of these cameras and fix the problems.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@angelnthesky wrote:

the battery doesn't pop out anymore. 

One thing that will fix that is to put silicone grease on the O-ring.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation