Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR will frequently have 15-20 mins lapses, not working, glitched recordings, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
VunterSlaush
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had issues with the cameras for about a year and a half. As a long time tech guy, I fix the issues myself every time but there are big issues I can't fix. The biggest reason, why I am writing this, is that cvr will FREQUENTLY have 15-20 minute lapses, and sometimes I wake up in the morning to find out cvr stopped working many hours ago while I was sleeping and then I have to reset the arlor receiver just to work again. Of course if something crucial happened while the cvr stopped working I'm sure I would have some legal grounds to stand on for the cameras not performing the function we pay for. We have had threats to family and property damage so we can't afford to stop having the cameras, but we also can't afford to miss something because cvr on your cameras happened to stop working for 15 minutes, or we didn't notice it wasn't working for hours. The camera are also sometimes very glitched in the saved recordings with vertical bars. We also live in the Midwest so temps can drop to -20°F in January so if they can't handle cold we get screwed for a few bad weeks. Here are some screenshots. One of them is split into 2, to show that it stopped recording cvr (on both cameras) at 4am and has nothing until I reset the base station at almost noon.

5 REPLIES 5
VunterSlaush
Aspirant
Aspirant
Picture 1
Screenshot_20211115-115448_Arlo.jpg
VunterSlaush
Aspirant
Aspirant
Picture 2
Screenshot_20211115-115435_Arlo.jpg
VunterSlaush
Aspirant
Aspirant
Picture 3
Screenshot_20211115-115522_Arlo.jpg
VunterSlaush
Aspirant
Aspirant
Picture 4
Screenshot_20211115-115529_Arlo.jpg
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi VunterSlaush,

With the multiple issues you're experiencing with CVR on your Pro 3 camera, navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you including live chat with the support team.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation