Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 camera siren activates when there is no motion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
64Scott
Guide
Guide

VMB4540r2 Arlo Pro3 with 2 cameras.  The siren on the camera activates even though no motion has been detected or recorded.  Have tried turning the camera off/on again.  Have checked all rule settings and everything is correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
64Scott
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

I found the internet upload speed was quite slow, around 1.5MB/s.  I've had this changed to 5MB/s and so far the issue seems to have been resolved.  Maybe something was going on with the Hub because of the slow upload speed and it was sending bad commands to the camera, eg. activating the siren even though no motion was detected?  I'll keep monitoring and seen if it happens again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

64Scott,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode?

If using a cusom mode, try deleting and recreating the mode and test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

64Scott
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

No I was not using a custom mode but the default "Armed" mode.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

64Scott,

Try rebooting your SmartHub and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

64Scott
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

I found the internet upload speed was quite slow, around 1.5MB/s.  I've had this changed to 5MB/s and so far the issue seems to have been resolved.  Maybe something was going on with the Hub because of the slow upload speed and it was sending bad commands to the camera, eg. activating the siren even though no motion was detected?  I'll keep monitoring and seen if it happens again.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation